Assistant Capture Editor - 3 month FTC
9 days ago
To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex is looking for an Assistant Video Editor, primarily focusing on in-game capture and on-location filming for use in the creation of a wide range of assets across the studio.
You will be working with the highly creative and talented individuals on the Jagex Video Team to capture video across all our games, shoot live action video, and be instrumental in the initial creation of video projects and assets. The role is key in the production of assets for a wide range of social and marketing platforms, including YouTube, Instagram stories, Facebook posts, Twitter video and more.
You have experience of capturing in-game footage from various engines, including Unreal Engine, Unity and more, as well as experience with video editing and creative suite products, such as Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects. Experience with creating high quality assets in line with creative briefs is essential, as well as the ability to work to tight deadlines.
Not only will you be collaborating within the team to develop ideas, but also across the wider highly-talented Creative Services team to integrate correct branding, illustrations and artwork into your videos.
We have no limits on creative ideas. Whether you’re working with our multimedia specialists to make an undead zombie dragon heat cups of tea in the Jagex kitchen with fire breath, or producing a live on-stage theatrical performance with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, it’s all possible if you have the drive to make it real (yes both of these things have happened).
Outside of Creative Services, you will be working with other teams throughout the studio to develop new and innovative ways of communicating not only with existing players, but to entice potential new players to start their adventures in Gielinor!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write, pitch and produce live video broadcasts
- Operation and direction of live streaming studio during broadcasts
- Upkeep and maintenance of all studio hardware & software
- Work as an integral part of the live operation of the studio for all broadcast and filming requirements
- Work closely with the video team to produce the highest quality content from the live studio, including show planning, use of correct graphical, audio and visual assets, editing, and development of asset creation
- Development of key studio functionalities, such as motion graphics, data integrations, and interactive systems including social media and chat functions
- Develop and maintain working procedures with other teams, such as the Social and Marketing teams, to schedule and deliver projects as required by key stakeholders
- Work to ensure all hardware and software is up-to-date and relevant for the day-to-day operation of the studio, and propose studio upgrades were required
- Working closely with the video team on video shoots for internal and external projects, both on and off site
- Working closely with the Events team on the production of live shows
- Planning and creating video assets for key stakeholders across the business, serving the needs of all cross platform game titles and helping drive forward the video strategy for Jagex as a studio;
- Working on projects for a wide range of teams within the business, including Jagex Partners, Events, Marketing, Developers, Recruitment, Social Media, Executive teams and more;
- Creating and developing imaginative video concepts for entertaining our player base, and enticing potential players to join the community;
- Highly driven and organised individual;
- Responds well under pressure;
- Experience in producing live broadcasts;
- Experience in using live broadcasting hardware such as BlackMagic ATEM, NewTek etc
- Experience in using live broadcast software such as Vmix, OBS, Wowza etc
- Working knowledge of video platforms such as Twitch and YouTube, and social platforms such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook;
- Experience in Adobe Product Suite, including Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop;
- A passion for video games;
- Ability to work outside of office hours when required;
- Ability to travel to events and off-site filming locations when required;
- Knowledge of Runescape is desirable but not essential, but you should be familiar with the franchise and its history;
- A fantastic showreel of work you have undertaken, showcasing your talents from creative conception to execution and production, with relevant examples of how your knowledge has or can be applied to the gaming industry;
- A great eye for detail to produce quality high end videos;
- A desire to work in one of the most admired gaming studios in the industry.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.