Assistant Buyer, eCommerce (Pokémon Center)
11 days ago
Summary of the role
The Pokémon International Company is embarking on an innovation journey and radically transforming its digital commerce capabilities to meet accelerating international demand for original and collectable Pokémon products. The Assistant Buyer contributes to Pokémon Center’s success by assisting the buying and planning team in day-to-day aspects of buying and merchandising in key areas of the business including reporting, sales analysis, communication and data entry. The associate buyer will be the steward for data accuracy, timelines, and support development process and through the usage of internal systems.
What You Will Do.
- Drive data accuracy of product details, style groups, dates, life cycle, photos, and pricing
- Solution focused, be able to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty while maintaining a for strategic initiatives
- Cultivate and maintain strong cross-functional partnerships with clear and accurate communication
- Help drive merchandising vision and product priorities with online merchandising teams.
- Participate in business reviews to develop greater understanding of business opportunities
- Assist with physical samples for a book of business across multiple products and seasons
What You Will Bring
Drive merchandising vision and product priorities for Pokémon Center, and marketing to drive engagement across all customer touch points Drive merchandising vision and product priorities for stores, online merchandising teams, and marketing to drive engagement across all customer touch points to needed or warranted.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- 2+ years’ in ecommerce
- Previous experience in the merchandising or retail industry is a plus.
- Ability to be self-sufficient
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Experience with merchandising software systems is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with web analytics tools like OutSystems, EnterWorks, Google Analytics, Amplitude, and experience with Jira, Tableau, or similar tools, preferred
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3 rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.