Assistant Artist (Video Capture) Temporary / On-call
Santa Monica California 90405 United States of America
8 days ago
Job Title:Assistant Artist (Video Capture) Temporary / On-call
Job Title: Assistant Artist (Video Capture) Temporary / On-call
Reporting To: Capture Team Lead
Department: Marketing Creative
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall® , Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Activision uses a team of video game capture artists to work collaboratively with a capture director to create footage for our editing team. Individuals will be assigned on an on-call basis when additional capture assistance is needed. This is a great opportunity if you are freelancing and interested in experience what it’s like with our Marketing Creative team! Please note, this is not a full time position.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Assist with game footage capture for use in trailers, social media assets, and other uses as requested
- Experienced Call of Duty player with strong familiarity with our games
- Potential to assist with capturing screenshots
- Work with various game debug systems
- Troubleshoot Audio/Video Equipment, including PC workstations
- Potential to help contribute to brainstorm sessions with other creatives
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime when necessary
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Avid gamer on next-gen platforms
- Eye for composition and high level of attention to detail (Real world photo & video shooting experience is a plus)
- Ability to learn video game debug systems (Familiarity with Dev Kits on multiple platforms is a plus)
- Ability to multitask while maintaining professionalism and composure while working under tight deadlines
- Thick skinned, good listener and able to take constructive criticism
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Video game industry experience a plus
- College degree in the requisite field or equivalent work experience preferred
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.