This job might no longer be available.
Artiste d'éclairage / Lighting Artist
7 days ago
“Motive” is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we’re not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You’ll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
We are looking for a Lighting Artist who is passionate about creating high-quality lighting and is eager to join us in our desire to push quality to the next level. You will report to the Lead Lighter.
- Partner with other domains such as Environment Art, Concept, Designers, and VFX to create high-quality lighting.
- Create in-game lighting using EA's proprietary game engine, according to the agreed design and within the constraints of the target hardware and software
- Expert-level knowledge of real-time lighting tools and techniques
- Work with the lead lighter to support the art direction of the game
- Refer to relevant production designs and apply visual style faithfully, taking care to maintain continuity throughout the scene and game
- Ensure that the lighting fits within game performance standards
- Degree or Diploma in an art-related subject such as Visual Effects, Computer Animation, Film Production or Photography
- Have shipped games as a lighting artist with 5+ years overall lighting experience
- Build high lighting quality in-game engine, respecting performances and platform's constraints
- Experiences with renderers and compositing software (i.e. Nuke)
- Knowledge of Color management and color grading pipeline
- Experience with character lighting, environment lighting, and time of daylighting
- Knowledge of colour theory, composition, lighting principles, and visual shaping
- Work from concepts, colorscripts, and references to create lightings that embrace the creative vision
- Textures creation and shaders skills are considered an asset
- Artistic sensitivity and understanding of color and lighting theory to guide composition and support storytelling