Artiste VFX Sénior / Senior VFX Artist
18 days ago
“Motive” is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. We’re not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Instead, we choose to prioritize innovation through experimentation, and creativity through fun. Motive provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment where everyone feels supported to make brave decisions and to take these creative jumps. Curious about what the future of games could look like? Great, so are we.
Motive, Electronic Arts' newest AAA studio, is looking for a Senior VFX Artist to be part of a team developing Action/Adventure games.
What a Senior VFX Artist will do at Motive:
- Research, conceptualize and create high-quality effects that communicate gameplay and enhance the player's experience. These FX assets will be created for in-game environments, gameplay, cinematics, and scripted events. Aim to reach an industry-leading quality bar and raise the product experience.
- Partner with the Lead Artists, Designers, and Engineering Teams to create high-quality real-time visual effects. FX assets include particle systems, meshes, shaders, textures, rigid body sims, and animations
- Create FX Assets using EA's proprietary game engine, according to the agreed design and within the constraints of the target hardware and software. There is an emphasis on knowledge sharing between different teams throughout EA's studios.
- Help build technical and aesthetic considerations for the project's visual effect art style. A balance must be achieved between high visual quality and staying within our performance constraints.
- Manage In-Game Particle Effects for action-adventure games. These include weapon and vehicle FX, environmental, and destruction.
- You will report to the Lead VFX Artist.
- 5+ years of production experience using game engines to create real-time VFX with a supporting body of work.
- Experience shipping high-quality console games.
- Experience in 2d packages such as Photoshop, After Effects, or Nuke.
- Experience in 3d packages such as Max or Maya.
- Knowledge of environmental effects, lighting, and dynamics.
- Work in a team and communicate with other disciplines.
- Solid Technical abilities to help create new visual effects art pipelines.
- Approach tasks, files, and storage of the material methodically.
- Knowledge of Frostbite, and experience with Unity Visual Graph Editor or Unreal Niagara is also valued
- Knowledge of substance is valued.
- Experience with a scripting language is a big plus (HLSL, Python).
- Experience with Houdini is a big plus
3D Portfolio Requirements**
A link to your portfolio must be included with your application/resume. All portfolios should contain a breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, and web page portfolio.
(Please include as many of the following elements as you can)
- Examples of natural and organic effects (smoke, fire, waterfalls)
- Examples of fantastical effects animation (spells, explosions)
- Examples of rigid or soft-body dynamics
- Effects created in a game engine
- Examples of modeling texturing and lighting
- Examples of multiple animations.