"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash
their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
The Senior Technical Artist will report to their project’s Technical Art Manager. They will work closely with their colleagues on the Tech Art team and other disciplines to ensure support for the effective generation, maintenance and integration of game content.
Senior Technical Artists are expected to be proactive problem solvers and owners of at least one aspect of the Tech Art discipline’s overall mandate. The primary areas of responsibility for this position are:
● Maintain and develop tools and workflows to empower artists to craft best in class
● Maintain and improve Art asset Import/Export pipelines.
● Ensure Art assets adhere to the project’s quality and technical standards via direct
guidance and automated validation processes.
● Support Art, Animation and Gameplay teams on matters of physics, collisions and destruction.
● Troubleshoot production issues and assist with fixing Art related bugs as they occur.
● Create clear and thorough documentation for project workflows and best practice guidelines.
● Keep up with the latest trends and technical tools for developing content and inspire others through knowledge sharing.
● Maintain strong and positive working relationships with teammates across all disciplines.
● High degree of proficiency with a range of modern Digital Content Creation applications (e.g. Maya, Substance, Blender, Houdini).
● High degree of proficiency in a scripting or programming language (Python, C#, C++, other).
●Familiarity with advanced game engines like Unreal, Unity and others
●Understanding of hardware platform capabilities, including memory, performance, and feature support.
● Shipped at least one AAA title, with ownership of parts of its Art assets pipeline.
● Experience with asset optimization strategies and techniques.
●Experience with the use of Perforce or other version control software.