Artiste Technique Audio / Audio Technical Artist
13 days ago
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences.
EA Create Audio is an award-winning team and diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft. We produce audio for many AAA games from multiple studio locations.
The Challenge Ahead
As a technical artist in Create Audio your focus is on creating quality workflows, shareable, future facing tech and data, and working with game teams, central staff and the community at large. You are an essential member of your audio team and identify risks, share solutions, seek help for your team and contribute with a positive, inclusive attitude.
- Build audio runtime systems with visual programming and scripting languages
- Create and manage simple and complex audio assets and structures
- Support artists by training, debugging and developing/improving workflows
- Optimize and debug runtime audio data to work and fit within modern console limitations
- Document data structures, workflows and best practices
- Communicate designs, best practices and risks to your team and the greater EA community
- Minimum of 5 years experience in video game or production industry
- Minimum of 5 years experience in audio production in any capacity
- Experience in both visual programming and text-based scripting/coding languages, with high proficiency in at least one language
- Experience debugging workflows, pipelines or runtime systems or assets
- Experience in content/data management
- Experience developing workflows
- Creative mindset with focus on how to improve product quality and team productivity
- Sound design experience
- Audio editing experience
- Understanding of digital audio, acoustics and/or psychoacoustics fundamentals
- Experience in content production pipelines such as audio/visual asset generation for games, movies or TV, voiceover recording or post production