Artist - Lighting/Generalist
7 days ago
Here at Codemasters we believe that world-class racing also means beautiful games, and we are looking for a Lighting Artist/Generalist to join the award-winning F1 studio based in Birmingham who will help define the look of future titles to come.
This is a genuinely exciting and varied role that covers a wide range of duties including game lighting, 3D asset/scene creation and providing general art support for the game teams as required by the project. You'll have the opportunity to design, produce, implement and document art assets to the required high standards that we have set ourselves and you'll assist in agreeing timescales with the principal lighting artist, production and art management teams.
We're looking for someone that has a strong knowledge of the composition of scenes. The way our environments and assets look is of vital importance to us, as is the way the overall scenes are lit, so that they mirror their real-life versions as closely as possible.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with game engines, such as Unreal or Unity, and how you can apply your knowledge in to how we do things is of real interest to us. We operate a small team that this role is a part of, however you will be playing a huge part in supporting exciting future projects. You'll have the opportunity of working very closely with many teams working on the project including the Environmental art team, Graphics and what the tech used might be, as well as Animation and the work that goes in to camera work, cutscenes and characters, and much more.
- Work with the Lead Lighting Artist to deliver the technical and artistic vision on both a pipeline-management and visual level
- Identification and selection of tools, technologies and pipelines to enhance our content creation pipelines and working processes
- Collaboration with other project technical and content creators to define clear goals and evolution paths for all tools and working practices
- Identify and test internal and external tools that help us maintain our competitive edge in content generation and visual quality
You will need:
- Previous experience in a similar role within the games industry ideally
- Demonstrable experience in real-time, dynamic lighting ideally within video games development
- Experience generating grading & LUTS (look up tables)
- A portfolio showing artistic flare as well as solid technical credentials both in lighting and 3D asset creation
- The ability to deliver production-value with a consistent visual palette.
- Excellent knowledge of 3DSMax, Substance Suite, Adobe CC
In return we'll provide:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Significant benefits package including annual bonus scheme, private health care and dental cover for you and your family, enhanced pension scheme, employee discounted share scheme and much more!
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- 10 free games per year and a new console allowance!
- Incredible peer community of top-flight programmers in the games industry