This job might no longer be available.
Technical Artist (UI and Materials) | Art
1 year ago
Technical Artist - UI and Materials | Art
Full Time • Project MultiVersus
We are looking for a passionate, talented Technical Artist to join the MultiVersus development team! You will collaborate with our art and engineering teams to develop tools and techniques to support making awesome content and experiences players will love. You will create and maintain pipelines for shaders, materials, LODs, memory management, and more. Communicate and collaborate with departments to set up processes and pipelines.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Set up the comprehensive workflow that relates to content creation
- Provide technical support to artists and improve the tools they use
- Produce technical assets (such as shaders/materials/Blueprints/Next-gen UI effects)
- Prototype new tools and explore ways to roll them out to the team
- Implement rendering, lighting, or shading improvements
- Work with engineering to set and maintain memory budgets
- Understand the needs of artists, tech artists, and engineers and improve their tool and pipeline development
- Create and maintain technical documentation on tools and processes
- Support collaboration at scale and assist in leveling up art tools, libraries, and backend data systems
- Improve content creation methods and make workflows more scalable–increasing the quality of art for the teams developing them
- Able to build UI animations and widgets in sequencer and UMG
- 3+ years experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Experience working in Unreal\Blueprint
- Proficient at game engine scripting and materials, and real-time lighting and workflows
- Excels when it comes to developing tools in Unreal
- Strong communication skills with an ability to translate both art and engineering
- Strong art skills with an understanding of modeling, shaders, texturing, & lighting
- Ability to translate artistic requirements to a sustainable workflow design
- 5+ years of experience
- Expertise in content creation and tool development in DCC tools, especially Maya, and Photoshop
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Shared success in the company
- World-class talent with experience in some of the industry’s biggest games, including God of War(™), League of Legends(™), Overwatch(™), and Call of Duty(™)
- A culture focused on player trust and player experience
Please note: Our teams are working remotely during the current COVID-19 environment and until circumstances allow for a safe return . Must be authorized to work in the United States and available to work from our home office when circumstances allow.
At Player First Games we design experiences from the player’s perspective first. We hold our players in the highest regard and hope to leave them satisfied and delighted with every interaction.
Player First Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.