Art Team Leader
9 days ago
Playtika is a multiplatform social games developer, it is the top 3 grossing Facebook developer and the top 10 grossing developer on iOS & Android. Playtika’s passion is to immerse players into a thrilling entertainment experience results in over 35 million average monthly active users, over 11 million average daily active users, more than 9TB of data daily. More than 370O employees work & play in Playtika’s offices in: Israel (headquarters), US, Canada, Belarus, Argentina, Japan, Ukraine & Romania.
Playtika is currently seeking an initiative and expert Art Team Leader to lead full cycle of Art Creation for visual content, Features and Games.
As an Art lead you will be working with a talented team of programmers, Artists, Designers and Animators, with a goal to make our game come alive. Our ideal candidate will have experience realizing and translating product requirements into an animated storytelling of both UI and visual content and atmosphere as well as characters, performances and behavior both 2D and 3D visuals.
This position requires you to take on a considerable amount of ownership and responsibility. You are expected to bring your passion, highly developed Visual aesthetics skills as well as managerial skills in order to creatively solve problems and contribute to high quality outcomes.
The Team Lead is responsible for ensuring company’s Agile procedures are understood and implemented and together with the PO/UX designer/Art Director accountable for the product delivery on time.
- Leading and motivating a growing team of artists, animators, designers;
- Organize and facilitate the process of Art creation in delivery;
- Working with game features, monetisation assets;
- Quality concept art creation and references selection for Art-team;
- Make sure art produced is consistent and on quality, by approving and keeping track of the artwork made in the art team;
- Removing impediments;
- Ensuring that the Team adheres to company’s practices, rules and procedures;
- Help everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team;
- Quality collaboration with Art Director, UI|UX Team, Dev team;
- Help the scrum team continuously improve.
- 2+ years of experience leading Art teams larger than 4 people in Scrum/Agile Methodology;
- A solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch and other facets of both 2D,3D and UI animations;
- Good understanding of UX principles;
- Ability to think creatively and generate ideas;
- Artistic taste, a sense of color, shape, proportions, composition, anatomy;
- Large visual database and a passion for video games;
- Related skills such as modeling, skinning, rigging, texturing;
- Good knowledge of Photoshop; other Creative Suite programs will be a plus;
- Work within 3d programs (Blender, Maya etc), animation (Spine, After Effects, Unity);
- Portfolio is mandatory;
- Strong leadership and communication skills;
- Ability to effectively organize the process in stressful situations;
- Flexible mindset, business goals orientation;
- Solid expertise with Jira Big Picture;
- English at least is Upper-Intermediate (daily communication).
- Competitive salary, performance-based bonuses and flexible working hours;
- Social package, including gym membership compensation, medical insurance with dental coverage;
- Paid vacation and sick leaves;
- Training programs, certifications, conferences including international events;
- Corporate English classes;
- Referral program;
- Corporate celebrations, team buildings, and fun activities;
- Free meals twice a day, refreshments, happy hours;
- Technical library with option to order books;
- Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
- Working for one of the top social gaming companies in the world.
Come play with us!