Art Specialist - Vista Periphery - Infinity Ward
20 days ago
Job Title:Art Specialist - Vista Periphery - Infinity Ward
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts , Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare . Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, Calif., just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/ , on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/ , and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
As an Art Specialist (Vista Periphery) you will create photorealistic and game-ready Vista/Periphery elements.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Tackle general art disciplines in terrain, structure, props and foliage for Vista substitutes.
- Lead by example through industry high level content.
- Good judgement for optimal texture resolution for distanced elements.
- Work revisions are due to direction rather than quality.
- Plan and prioritize tasks to ensure best possible results in pre-production.
- Possess a high level of ownership, creativity and independence; requiring little oversight.
- Proactively help troubleshoot and fix content problems.
- Evaluate and help solve performance concerns.
- Ability to mentor others as needed within the environment team.
- Create documentation of processes for others to follow as needed.
- 6+ years of world building experience with an industry leading level editor: UE4, Unity, etc.
Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced experience with terrain and landscape generators. World Machine, World Creator or similar software.
- Advanced Vista and Periphery Art skills; Creating vast and detailed photorealistic landscapes.
- Sensitivity to game art budgets with strong understanding of silhouette and composition.
- Strong foundational Art skills; Understanding of composition, form, color and light in relation to crafting environments.
- Strong narrative and environmental story telling skills with regards to set dressing and world building.
- Advanced knowledge of physically based material workflows and shaders.
- Advanced skill in: Max or Maya, Blender, Photoshop and similar software.
- Self-motivated, independent, and proven ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- Drone Photogrammetry experience a plus.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet! Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.