Art Presentation Director - UI & Visual Design
19 days ago
WHAT WILL BE YOUR JOURNEY
As a Presentation Director, you are responsible for defining the direction of all UI & graphic design assets complementing the existing Art assets and creative direction of the game. This visual direction becomes the “Graphic design signature” for the game that will enhance the quality and the comfort of the user experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You work closely with the content team (Creative Direction, Game Direction, Art Direction, World Direction, Audio Direction, and Brand Direction) to ensure that the team, internal partners and the public gets a consistent, aligned message and direction. Responsible for crafting the game’s visual identity both at UI and brand level, complementing the existing art direction and creative direction of the game.
- Conceptualize, develop & direct the User Interface (UI, Menus, Navigation, HUD, interface FX and Post FX) & visual style of the game’s presentation signature
- Contribute to the game’s UI & artistic vision with the multiple art teams to set the style and tone for the game
- Create UI presentation guidelines (style guides) that will be used to direct external resources (CGI and SFX companies for ex)
- Oversee the game’s UI & graphic design look and feel and help ensure all contributing artists understand the presentation signature
- Attend playtests sessions and adjust presentation elements based on feedbacks
- Oversee the creation of templates and guidelines for internal communication
- In collaboration with the creative team, Contribute to the overall design process and artistic direction of the game
- Conceptualize and supervise iteration of the game’s graphic design and maintain this vision through all development phases.
- Work with the creative director and audio director to ensure that music and audio cues are in line with presentation guidelines and overall creative direction
- Collaboration with third parties and brand team on concept and direct implementation of graphic design assets for brand marketing and product design
- Ensuring quality/vision is respected through marketing assets created/produced (trailers, screenshots, merchandising and licensing out, etc.), ensuring maximum consistency between brand and the game
- Being the lead on this area of UI Content/Visual design, you will be the voice of this area/product for the customer/directors within the cell (communicate and explain the vision and needs)
- Be the voice of the team towards the directors team, developing and maintain a vision of what the team are building with a ROI driven mindset and a high quality standard
- Proactively communicate the presentation direction vision to the global team (Singapore & beyond). Motivate and engage the team to leverage presentation direction in their daily work.
- As a people manager, you will manage directly the UI artists and the UX manager. Also, leverage talent potential, Grow reports and team with a long-term vision
- Demonstrate leadership, charisma, enthusiasm and sense of commitment, manage reports performance with clear JDs and challenging objective
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Minimum of 8 to 12 years of experience in the creation and direction of Art with ideal experience in User Interfaces (UI) within the game industry. We will consider relevant experiences from other industries.
- Have strong specialist knowledge of UI direction in an artistic setting, working in leading game user interface presentation
- Ability to communicate an artistic direction, driven to achieve high quality results. Being able to review and critique the quality of the team’s work
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with other crafts within a production team
- Strong experience in fine art of visual storytelling and has the ability to direct compelling visuals that create an emotion response from consumer
- Experience working with brands and developing brand guidelines.
- An understanding of game design and how it relates to UI presentation elements
- Strong understanding of usability and user experience
- Up to date on current graphic design and interactive media trends
- Strong understanding of Art UI & Graphics Tools, working with them and understand theirs strengths/weaknesses for the UI Art teams
- Strong background in multiple 2D disciplines including motion graphics, print design and interactive media
JOIN THE SQUAD
We are working to enrich players’ lives through unique and memorable gaming experiences and by improving the positive impacts of our games. To get there, we are creating a safer, more inclusive work environment, we are giving back to the communities where Ubisoft operates by working with local non-profit partners and by working to reduce the environmental impact of our business. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.