This job might no longer be available.
Art Outsourcing Supervisor [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora] (f/m/d)
11 days ago
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora
As part of Avatar Frontiers of Pandora you will play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is a unique opportunity to keep growing your experience in games while working hand in hand with Disney’s creative minds and James Cameron's production company, Lightstorm Entertainment.
What You'll Do
As our new Art Outsourcing Supervisor you will be responsible for managing the communication with our external outsourcing partners by creating detailed briefs and feedback documents and providing guidelines as well as creating additional AAA quality assets to demonstrate the quality target and set benchmarks.
- Assessment of asset requests and confirm the content is production ready.
- Manage communication between outsourcing team and internal stake holders.
- Close collaboration with the Art Director, Lead Artist and the production team to give precise and structured feedback to the outsourcing teams
- Create detailed documentation, asset briefs, provide references, technical requirements and explanations of workflows to a team of external artists
- Integrate delivered 3D assets into the game engine and ensure the technical and artistic quality of all delivered assets.
- Coordinate scheduling and tracking of assets together with the production team.
- Create detailed outsourcing briefs and feedback documents
- Daily communication with other Ubisoft teams all around the world
- Create additional AAA quality models and textures
- Improve and optimize assets to ensure visual and technical quality
- Setup physics and other meta data to ensure the technical setup of the assets follows our technical guidelines
- 3+ years’ experience as an Outsourcing Supervisor, Environment or Prop artist in game development
- At least one shipped commercial title
- Excellent Knowledge of outsourcing production pipelines
- Exceptional understanding of next gen asset creation workflows with the ability to modify and improve them
- Being able to understand and execute a specific art style as well as the ability to communicate it to a team of artists
- Being able to evaluate the artistic and technical quality of 3D assets as well as the ability to improve the assets if needed
- Very good working knowledge with at least one AAA game engine
- Good knowledge of node-based shader workflows.
- Very good skills in Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush and Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Working knowledge of Substance Designer
- A keen eye for composition, shape, color and detail
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
What We Bring
We offer a highly motivating opportunity for team players interested in showing personal initiate in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader please apply via our career portal.
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
For us to review your application it would be great to see a portfolio of your work together with your application.
It would be great if it contain:
- Detailed shot breakdown of the work.
- Clear what you are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
- Examples of natural and realistic environments and props.
- Examples of materials and high-quality textures.
- Show both organic and hard surface works.
- Examples of style variety.
For further information please check:
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, Snowdrop and Ubisoft Connect.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.