Art Outsourcing Manager
18 days ago
We create ambitious games in a quietly awesome culture.
That simple statement is at the heart of what we do here at Possibility Space. Founded by a diverse and experienced team of game and media industry veterans, we are built from the ground up as a distributed studio, allowing developers to live and work where they are happiest. We strive to create an environment where we can do our best work regardless of what we look like, who we love, or how we identify.
Possibility Space is seeking an Art Outsource Manager to help bring our fantastical, stylized original game to life. As Art Outsource Manager, you will work with our internal art directors and production department to define the strategy, scope and quality of work with our external development partners. This role combines hands-on art direction, content creation, and project management. You will help manage our external art production by giving precise visual feedback to partners, designing processes for better collaboration, and work with our producers to make sure the art assets are delivered on time.
If you are a detail-oriented artist who is passionate about art production processes, interested in having supervisory responsibility but want also want to have the room to keep creating art, then this might be an especially exciting opportunity.
In applying for this job, please provide a link to an online demo reel of your work. We also strongly recommend you include a cover letter with your application - tell us a bit about who you are and why you want to work at Possibility Space!
Core Responsibilities & Objectives
- Collaborate closely with cross-discipline leads (such as artists, designers, writers and production) to understand our long-term asset needs
- Have creative ownership in defining which assets make up an exciting “asset pack”, and help figure out what assets make sense to be made in-house and which by an external partner
- Work directly with external development partners to figure out time estimates and communicate with our internal production team work out production dependencies, timelines etc.
- Create and distribute outsource packages that capture the functional requirements and visual direction of the assets
- Initiate and maintain our relationship with external partners as the studio’s main point of contact
- Own the quality control of all incoming art assets, providing detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor in order to deliver quality assets to the development team.
- Help design and continually improve the ingestion process of incoming art assets with various department leads to minimize error-prone manual grunt work
- Continuously evaluate and improve our outsource pipeline to help streamline asset integration, including working with our QA Director to establish automated quality control procedures when appropriate
- Create concept art or 3D art as needed or desired for the game.
Core Traits (Skills, Knowledge, Experience)
- Experience with art creation in any capacity (2D / 3D)
- Project management skills and familiarity with production tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with offsite teams/contractors
- Experience providing art feedback
- Professional attitude and an ability to both provide and receive constructive criticism
- Familiarity with video game engines and art tools such as Unity, Blender, Photoshop.
- Understanding of how an art asset goes from concept phase all the way to an in-game asset
- Experience working with outsourcing / external development
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, long periods of sitting.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Possibility Space is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, or common human decency.