Art Outsourcing Manager
Orlando FL 32801 United States
18 days ago
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home through April 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for an experienced Art Outsourcing Manager to ensure that externally created assets meet the high-quality standards of our projects.
The Art Outsourcing Manager will work with our Art Director to create clear visual targets and documented workflow for our external vendors. They will coordinate external asset production and be responsible for day-to-day direction and approval of outsourced art assets.
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
- Work with Art Director to define and document technical and visual execution guidelines for externally created assets
- Clearly communicate the artistic vision of a project to external vendors
- Evaluate visual quality and technical execution of incoming work and provide actionable feedback
- Manage schedules and deliverable deadlines for external assets
- Build relationships with external art vendors across multiple projects
- Improve efficiency and quality of outsourcing pipeline
Qualifications: If you possess many or most of these qualities, you’re probably a great fit!
- Deep understanding of visual design, with a portfolio of professional work
- Thorough knowledge of content creation workflow and constraints
- Experience delivering high-quality content in a variety of artistic disciplines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to discuss technical and visual details
- Experience with scheduling and tracking asset production
- Significant experience working with one or more industry-standard engines, such as UE4 or Unity
- Values-driven and inclusive, committed to doing the right thing and being respectful to everyone on our team
- Fearless about trying out new tools with a commitment to keeping up with the latest industry standards, best practices and approaches to creative projects
- Commitment to mentorship and exchanging knowledge, advice, and best practices with your colleagues
- You love games
Iron Galaxy has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other independent developer! We pride ourselves on being a studio that does amazing work while maintaining a positive culture and supporting work-life balance for our employees.
The Iron Galaxy Art Department is passionate and understands the crucial intersection between art and game development. As we continue to work on our own unannounced IP and collaborative projects for AAA studios, we continually push the creative and artistic skills of our colleagues, with the goal of sustaining our world-class standards while we grow. By joining our team, you can explore the limits of your imagination and gain experience on a wide range of game development projects.
To learn more about the studio culture and past projects check out: https://irongalaxystudios.com/