Art Outsourcing Manager 3D Generalist
1 month ago
ABOUT OUR STUDIO
Dimensional Ink Games (DIG) is a Daybreak Game Company studio located in northwest Austin with a view of rolling hillsides. Our studio is centered around bringing comic adventures to life. You own your destiny in our games, and in your career here. We are a team that believes in passionately working towards our goals. Our core goal is developing DC Universe Online, and we plan to continue making it one of the best superhero video games available. We are building teams as diverse as our ideas, and you are invited to join in the adventure with us as we explore new worlds and characters year-round!
At DIG, we live our values every day; these values guide our culture and shape how we approach each other and our work:
- Innovative Ownership: Be an owner, build owners
We know that to succeed means to fail but fail wisely and come back better. Don’t do something just because it’s always been done that way. Be open to learning from all sources and be willing to teach all. Work smart and pursue your craft with passion.
- Empathy: Walk in their shoes
We take the time to see from the perspectives of our team members and our players. We care deeply, behave positively, and communicate candidly. Emotional intelligence allows our team to act with respect and appreciate each another (and ourselves).
- Collaboration: See the best idea, not have the best idea
We are better together than by ourselves, so we know that a great idea can come from anywhere. We are committed to hiring the best-fitting team members who amplify our craftsmanship and inspire us all to grow.
- Honesty/Humility: Integrity matters
We have the self-reflection to hold ourselves accountable and support those who also hold themselves accountable. Be transparent to build trust and a team that is empowered to be bold and authentic. We trust our team members and their feedback.
Find out more about our studio at www.dimensionalink.com.
The Art Outsourcing Manager 3D Generalist is responsible for collaborating with the internal Character and Concept Art Team to help manage and integrate assets being developed by external vendors in the Art Department at Austin, TX reporting to the Landon Falls, this position will be responsible for:
- Review assets with external vendors and integrate assets into our internal pipeline.
- Craft standards:
- Solid understanding of Art creation process and pipeline in relation to game development
- Firm understanding of asset budgets and asset management
- Strategic Goals:
- Monitor external vendor art submissions to ensure that quality is both consistent and high as well as adheres to technical specifications
- Understand and work within Memory and Budgetary constraints
- Work with Environment, Character, and Concept Artists to provide feedback to external vendors
- Review incoming Art assets at various stages of production
- Provide detailed paint overs with notes where written feedback is not sufficient
- Taking outsource assets from delivery to completed in-game assets
- Integrating assets including creating size variants, skinning, texturing, and testing in game
- Personal Proficiencies:
- Excellent communication skills—you can articulate our asset creation process and provide critical feedback to external vendors
- Creating long lasting relationships with external vendors
- Portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in Maya, Zbrush, and Photoshop.
- Experience with Character or Environmental Art creation
- Clear communication skills in writing both technical and aesthetic feedback
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, receptive to critique and feedback
- 2+ professional years of development experience
- Strong understanding of Art fundamentals, color theory and anatomy
- Experience with Unreal development tools and pipeline
- Bonuses: Knowledge of DC intellectual property, and passionate about playing games
- End result: Maintain and cultivate relationships with external vendors and integrate 3D assets into our internal pipeline.
We invite you to get in the game with us and help us make exciting experiences!
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Daybreak Game Company LLC is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for blockbuster hits and franchises such as DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, EverQuest®, and Dungeons and Dragons Online®, Daybreak creates, develops, and provides compelling online entertainment for millions of gamers worldwide. We are the game publisher for Darkpaw Studios, Rogue Planet Gaming Studio, Dimensional Ink Games, and Standing Stone Games. To top it off, we are making games in three of the coolest cities in the United States: San Diego, Austin, and Boston. We make games that bring people together and build lasting communities and are totally devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience! Find out more about our company at www.daybreakgames.com.
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
Daybreak Game Company will never ask applicants for social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or through online messaging apps (WhatsApp, Hangouts). We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Daybreak Game Company’s People & Culture team at email@example.com if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
**Daybreak Game Company, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.