Art Outsourcing Coordinator (War Dragons)
11 days ago
Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game. As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As an Art Outsourcing Coordinator for War Dragons you will ensure art assets from external vendors consistently meet War Dragon’s visual quality, style, technical specifications and deadlines. With your excellent communication skills, you will have the ability to maintain partnerships with external vendors, and work as a professional 2D production artist. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary internal teams and external vendors to manage priorities, maintain pace and quality and bring clarity to the production process.
What You’ll Do:
- Communicate the Director's vision to external studios to help them create art of the highest quality.
- Own art asset review process with off-site vendors, giving clear daily feedback on art assets they are responsible for.
- Use Photoshop, Z-Brush and Maya to correct graphic and animation errors.
- Collaborate with the internal art team to communicate the aesthetic style, art creation best practices and processes to external vendors
- Monitor quality and technical standards for external studios and individual artists.
- Responsible for improving the art production pipeline between internal and external productions
- Oversee art outsourcing according to project specifications, balancing deadlines and resources with style and quality requirements
- Identify potential problems in the art pipeline and work with the War Dragons leads to prevent them
What You Bring to Art Team:
- At least 3 years of game development experience as a 3D artist
- Outsourcing reviewing and communication experience
- Asset management experience required
- 3D modeling experience both high poly and in game assets and the art creation pipeline
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.