Art Outsource Manager
19 days ago
MachineGames is looking for an Art Outsource Manager to join our team and become a part in our creative partnership with our outsourced resource partners.
To thrive in this role, our ideal candidate is someone who is highly organized and enjoys coordinating a lot of moving parts in a creative sphere. In this role it is critical that you are comfortable with providing and extending feedback, following up, and tracking deadlines whilst assuring that we are on track with the creative vision delivered from our Lead Artist and Creative Director.
You will be main point of contact for all things outsource related in the art department and you will spearhead bridging the gap between outsource and in-house to strengthen our overall vision, ensure the outsource production schedule is on track, and ensure that the work produced is of extremely high quality.
MachineGames is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 40 minutes north of the capital of Sweden, Stockholm. It has a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times.
Our studio has a legacy of being down to earth and free from big egos, our everyday work as well as our long-term goals are driven by our values:
- We value Team performance over individual performance - We practice an “open door policy” - We deliver what we promise - We give constructive and actionable feedback - We practice ownership and accountability - We learn from our mistakes.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. The role is onsite with a possibility for hybrid work solutions. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you don't have one or are not an EU citizen and/or are not currently residing in Sweden.
Please note that we do not offer remote work for this position.
- Support the preparation of assignments for external teams.
- Be a point of contact for all external 3D art that takes place on the project.
- Work with both internal and external production teams to establish estimates and maintain an outsource production schedule.
- Be the primary point of asset review and feedback for the partner studio, giving clear feedback to push quality to ensure it hits our benchmarks.
- Create benchmark documentation and asset examples based off of the Art Director’s and/or Lead Artists' feedback and direction.
- Revise and adjust models and textures as needed in an effort to achieve the best quality possible.
- Maintain an outsource production schedule and manage multiple deliveries from different Artists/teams daily.
- Coordinate frequently with our internal Artists, Tech Artists, Animators, and Leads to process and export assets into the game engine and troubleshoot as needed.
- Attend regular check in calls with our external partners, to review their progress.
- Experience in leading people or managing teams.
- Experience in project management, ensuring deliverables are timely and at the required quality standards.
- Proven experience creating game ready assets in at least one major modelling package, along with knowledge of other industry standard tools such as Photoshop, Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Zbrush.
- Experience with game level production, with a heavy focus on layout, composition, and visual hierarchy.
- 2+ years game development experience.
- Strong aptitude for art software including proprietary tools.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- CV in English.
- Provide a portfolio of work demonstrating solid understanding in modeling and texturing 3D assets while maintaining technical restrictions and guidelines.
- Prior experience working in a AAA environment.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Applicant Privacy Notice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.