Art Outsource Manager
23 days ago
Crystal Dynamics is constantly seeking the best gaming talent worldwide to add to our 30-plus year legacy of AAAA game development creating new and iconic franchises. We are committed to making great games with great people and living the dream while doing it.
Benefits for our full-time positions include, but are not limited to, a competitive regional salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options, professional development reimbursement perk, flexible hybrid on-site/off-site work opportunities, 12 company paid holidays, additional 10 paid days in December when the studio is closed for holiday break, and the ability to accrue weeks of personal paid time-off.
Join us and shape the future of an amazing studio culture committed to creating award-winning franchises like Tomb Raider, the next Perfect Dark , and more!
Crystal Dynamics is looking for an experienced Art Outsourcing Manager to be responsible for overseeing the work of external vendors and contractors for our upcoming titles. This includes managing the workflow and deadlines, ensuring that art quality meets or exceeds studio standards, and communicating with internal and external development teams to ensure that these assets are implemented in game. The ideal candidate is skilled both artistically and technically, who can leverage their prior experience creating high quality 3D game art to provide critical feedback to external partners.
As an Art Outsource Manager, you will be expected to... ·
- Work with the Art Leads to establish the art delivery bar for the project then direct internal artists and external partners in order to deliver that quality by using industry standard tools (such as Unreal Engine, Maya, etc)
- Set up workflows and submission processes with vendors, providing training and constructive feedback to ensure assets are consistently delivered on time and at quality
- Develop detailed documentation, references, and examples to facilitate the creation of quality assets throughout a full production cycle
- Coordinate with production team to plan, track asset creation progress and delivery schedule using various production tools (such as Jira, Confluence, Shotgrid)
- Find solutions to visual, production, and technical challenges
- Negotiate contracts with vendors, establishing costs and deliverables, requesting approval from legal and finance on during negotiation phase, then continuing to maintain and monitor the costs/budget after contracts are in place
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to have... ·
- Previous professional experience as an Art Outsource Manager directing high-quality art for major production
- Strong working knowledge of the art production pipeline for games, including understanding of different types of art assets, for all stages of production cycle production pipeline
- Demonstrable experience providing feedback on art being created in a variety of tools such as Maya, Zbrush, Blender, Photoshop, Substance, and Unreal Engine
- Understanding of how to use Project Management Tools/Software, such as Shotgrid, Jira, and Confluence
- Firm understanding of contract negotiations, budgeting and asset management
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to explain technical art concepts and give clear, actionable feedback
- Examples of work that showcases a keen eye for quality and detail, ideally for outsourced art (Examples of work could include, but are not limited to: in-game art in published game, call out sheets, technical notes, and/or other feedback that was given and the high-quality result produced as a result)
It'll be a bonus, if you also have...
- Previous art leadership experience
- Motion Builder experience
The pay range for this role includes the annual base salary, not including bonus and the generous benefits package that Crystal Dynamics provides all full-time employees. Individual compensation is determined by work location within our approved states, as well as additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education. Your recruiter will be able to share more information about total compensation.
$95,000 — $140,000 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Not sure if you are qualified? We hope that you will still choose to apply so we may review your application!
Crystal Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to identifying and implementing positive and persistent measures to ensure equal opportunity in the recruitment, hiring, development, training, promotion and compensation of a diverse team employee group. This includes persons of different race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, political affiliation, age, veteran status, uniform service member status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or citizenship, as well as any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that you have read and understand Crystal Dynamics’s Privacy Notice available at https://www.crystald.com/legal/privacy/.