Art Outsource Manager - Hearthstone
14 days ago
Job Title:Art Outsource Manager - Hearthstone
Pull up a chair and join us by the hearth! Our Hearthstone team is looking for an Art Outsource Manager to add to their party, excited to help facilitate in all aspects of art curation externally and managing in the internal talented team of developers. With 10 Mana Crystals at the ready, this individual’s many talents and creativity will help contribute and maintain the high-quality bar that is Hearthstone’s visual representation across all aspects of external development. Collaborating with art, design, and the internal team of supervisors, this Outsource Manager will be assisting in developing strategic planning for current and future pipelines. You will also work closely with the Outsource Supervisors, Artists, and Producers on day-to-day tasks and together as a team on new initiatives. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, demonstrate clear understanding of Blizzard’s Art Style, can manage internal development requests and team members, foresee future needs, and develop art asset pipelines to scale. If you are excited about every day being different, love learning new pipelines, and enjoy new challenges we would love to chat with you!
- Creating and Improving art outsource infrastructure and best practices at the Blizzard level of quality.
- Build meaningful long-term relationships with vendors to ensure sustainable production pipeline without sacrificing quality.
- Build and manage an outsourcing team to support art and production needs, working closely with leadership to define the future growth of the game and build sustainable schedules and pipelines to support it.
- Working with outsourcing art supervisors, the internal art team discipline leads, and tools in creating and managing workflows and pipelines of all outsourced tasks.
- Oversee and maintain the highest quality standards for all outsourced content.
- Participate in strategy and provide reliable solutions for all outsource related tasks and assignment.
- Handling quotes, budgets, and a high volume of contracts, partnering with legal and the finance department.
- Work closely with production in building long term schedules and foreseeing issues before they arise to ensure successful development pipelines.
- Maintain high quality vendor relations with all active vendors supporting development.
- Strong understanding of game art fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of mobile art creation and constraints.
- Experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including Maya, 3ds Max, Zbrush, Photoshop and Substance as well as game engine experience with Unity.
- A blend between a veteran production artist and logistics driven art producer.
- Clear and concise communications and people skills.
- Must be highly committed, highly organized, self-driven, customer focused, and a great team player.
- Excellent written, verbal and team communication skills.
- Experience managing quotes and budgets.
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level.
- Have shipped multiple titles as art lead or art outsourcing manager with multiple reports.
- Experience working with outsourcing teams.
- Experience as an art manager or art director.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.