Art Outsource Lead - Unannounced Project
15 days ago
Bungie needs your help in building and leading the Art Outsource team to the next level in our unannounced title! We are looking for someone with a broad degree of experience in Art pipelines to develop and lead our internal outsource team and outsource vendors in delivering an exciting gameplay experience. In this role, you’ll work with internal Art Direction and Art Leadership in driving and directing asset creation and intake by leading an internal team of outsource-focused artists and you'll be working closely with Production and External Developers, towards our goal of creating high quality Art assets. You will be working in conjunction with Bungie's proprietary engine and external Perforce pipeline to help you and your colleagues bring our game to life! You will support the Art Team and Outsource goals of efficient intake and completion of assets as well as help lead critique towards the overall creative process. Most importantly, you will empower the player through high quality, in-game Art content.
If this is the experience you are looking for, we’d love to hear from you. We are right there with you; it's what drives us every day. Give us a shout, we want to hear from you. Be a part of our team and let's create new worlds together!
- Foster healthy working relationships with internal team of artists and corresponding external vendors in creating art assets
- Collaborate with internal Art Directors, art discipline leads, outsource producer to schedule and track incoming assets, determine outsourcing needs, pipelines, budgets, and costs for art assets.
- Manage and optimize internal & external pipelines, supporting artists working efficiently
- Provide desk-side support for internal, outsource-focused artists by integrating assets when needed
- Drive creation and documentation of best practices for art outsource process, pipelines, and tools in art asset creation and iteration
- Advocate franchise art direction and drive quality control for incoming art assets and provide detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor, in support of internal Art Director vision
- Experience leading Art-focused teams and initiatives by supporting and enabling team members
- Professional or personal experience working with real-time game engines
- Proficient in game art asset creation with 3D and 2D programs
- Solid foundational understanding of character, hard surface weapon, and environment development/creation and a keen eye for detail
- Experience with fast iterative development cycles
- Effective problem-solving skills to unblock obstacles
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external teams to help them achieve their goals.
- Experience working with remote teams
- Familiar with using task tracking software, such as JIRA and Shotgrid
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.