San Francisco CA us
4 days ago
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The ideal candidate will be accomplished in art, development and appraisals. The candidate must have significant experience scheduling and milestone accountability in a wide variety of art disciplines such as: visual development/concept art, 3D character, 3D environments, lighting/shaders, visual effects, and cinematics.
- Represent Ubisoft’s Studio SF with a high degree of professionalism to outsourcers, licensors, and partners
- Support the creative vision of the game and work closely with the art leads to insure that the efforts of the artists are technically and artistically consistent with that vision
- Establish processes that give artists confidence in their priorities and produce consistent results
- Represent multiple art disciplines in department strategic planning, scheduling, and budgeting
- Provide guidance to studio leaders to insure that the needs of art disciplines are being met
- Work closely with internal artists and outsourcing partners to keep quality and style consistent while staying on schedule and in budget
- Lead both internal art teams and outsourcing partners to reach aesthetic and technical goals
- Create documentation, communicate requirements, and provide feedback to internal artists and outsourcing partners
- Instate processes that help the ease of asset tracking through multiple team members
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Must have the necessary experience, skills and knowledge to manage a team of artists from three or more core disciplines
- Visual development/concept art, 3D character, 3D environments, Graphic Design, User Interface, lighting/shaders, visual effects, or cinematics.
- Knowledge of the terminology and processes associated with these departments is required
- Excellent understanding of how art discipline functions within a game studio art pipeline and how to organize and supervise artists to accomplish their assignments
- Possess strong artistic and technical knowledge and experience in 3D computer graphics production
- Extremely organized in the areas of 3D art asset development pipeline, and in the advent of future developments, must possess the knowledge of how best to implement those changes
- 5 years of experience in game or film production and lead/supervised a medium to large sized team (15+ people)
- At least 1 shipped 3D game as a Lead, Supervisor, or Manager
- Understanding of artistic principals, techniques and practices of 3D in-game art development process, limitations and dependencies
- Scheduling and Outsourcing experience
- An advanced user of Maya and Photoshop with intermediate to advanced user of Z-Brush
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.