2 months ago
People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, drives for quality and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you! Survios currently has an opening for a talented Art Manager to join our ever-growing team.
As an Art Manager, you will manage the team of artists and be focused on People Management, Craft Health, Systems, and Art Operations. You are also responsible for the hiring, onboarding, and offboarding of new art hires and ensuring that the team is meeting product needs, partnering with Production for a healthy art development pace.
- Manage career growth and compensation of all direct reports.
- Responsible for a healthy art team, considering pace, size, growth; Staffing, Hiring, Performance Management of and through Art Directors & Art Leads.
- Hire talent for the team and ensure a good onboarding experience.
- Managing contracts for external artists.
- Leading efforts in Art Documentation & organization of systems; Drive the development of style guides, clarity frameworks, and process/pipeline guidelines.
- Lead the Art Departments Creative efforts in Cross-Product Initiative development (i.e. Internal Transfers, Product Debt. Prevention).
- Collaborating/partnering with Studio Art Director, Project Art Director and Art Producer.
- Manage and communicate progress with the wider team.
- Manage talent across a hybrid studio with individual contributors in different time zones.
- 8+ years experience in the video games industry.
- 4+ years of management experience, deep understanding of leadership fundamentals.
- Worked on shipped titles.
- Understanding of task prioritization techniques/processes.
- Understanding of forecast and tracking software.
- Proficiency in video game development tools, pipelines, and workflows.
- Familiar with manager work systems (Performance Calibration methods and software).
- Experience working with external vendors, giving thorough direction and delivering timely, clear feedback.
- Experience in creating high quality, stylized art (such as 2D concepts, 3D character, animation, or VFX).
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.