7 days ago
We are looking for a talented Art Manager to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As the Art Manager on the Hytale team, you will report to the Creative Director while collaborating across disciplines to build efficient art pipelines. You will partner closely with the Art Director and Leads to shape and drive the overall art strategy and logistics for all Hytale products. You will also use your experience to mentor other artists, helping them to develop and build long term career plans.
Who you are:
- You are a team player, an excellent communicator, who loves working across discipline and advocating for your team. You take pride in building effective teams.
- You excel at organizing and prioritizing work. You are able to build and pursue long term goals for large scale projects.
- You are living and breathing game art, and you have been charmed by Hytale's existing art style.
Some of your role:
- Provide leadership and be a strong advocate for the Art team
- Works closely with the Art Director to maintain quality and style consistency across all Hytale visuals.
- Develop and maintain Art documentation in line with the product vision
- Build efficient cross disciplines communication, become a connective chain-link between art and other departments
- Evaluates schedules in conjunction with project management, ensures that teams deliver against project goals and pillars.
- Manage individuals across the studio’s art disciplines; including 2D, 3D, Animation, and VFX. Work with the Art Director and Creative Leads to develop effective growth opportunities and hiring strategies.
- Help evaluate our art tools, process, and pipelines, identify potential problems and build plans to help solve them.
- Foster the growth of artists by providing meaningful feedback and guidance, while ensuring their work is aligned with art and creative direction.
- Help evangelize our company values and help us build an inclusive and wholesome workplace.
- 8+ years of experience in the game industry, including 5+ years as an artist or visual designer and a minimum of 3+ years of professional experience providing art management and mentorship across a multi disciplinary team.
- A proven record of shipped titles, and a portfolio showing participation in art asset creation.
- Solid knowledge of design principles and creative development process
- Persistent self education around innovations in creative and art fields.
- Creative collaboration and problem solving, with an understanding that many times it's appropriate to defer to the expertise of specialists.
- High level business, strategic and contemporary management skills, oriented both toward the big picture and operational detail.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience in programming, scripting, or software development in general.
- Good technical art skills ( shaders, post processing, performance optimization)
- Traditional art skills ( sculpting, drawing, painting)
- Experience with industry standard art tools ( Maya, 3DMax, Blender, Houdini, Zbrush, Substance 3D)
- Experience leading large teams in any other disciplines than art
- Experience with Unreal engine or Unity, or other custom AAA game engine (Frostbite, Cry-engine etc).