7 days ago
Team Name:Creative Development
Job Title:Artist Manager
Blizzard Entertainment has an amazing opportunity for a seasoned art manager to join its Visual Development Department. The ideal candidate possesses outstanding people management, communication, and organization skills, and a thorough understanding of art department dynamics within the cinematic and illustration process.
- A critical partner in ensuring the wellness and growth of our team
- Partner with the art leads to manage individuals across the entire art department.
- Define and manage artist career paths within the team
- Conducts regular one on ones with the art leadership and art team
- Mentor art leads on management and leadership.
- A solid strategist who helps the team with long-term planning around career growth and staffing.
- Performance reviews, and coaching for the team.
- Design and implement standard processes around staffing, interviewing, and career development.
- Administer staffing decisions that help achieve both the short and long term goals of the art team.
- Partner with Human Resources for management related training.
- Coordinate with other department managers for best practices and takeaways
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Able to handle a wide range of personnel issues including recruitment, career development, and conflict resolution
- Able to handle a large team of artists in a dynamically changing production environment
- A minimum of 5 years’ management experience
- Experience as an art department manager or art lead
- Cinematic, film, or concept art or content creation experience
- Passionate about Blizzard Cinematics
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- Your passion for management of artists
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.