10 days ago
Job Posting TitleArt Lead
SummaryAristocrat is a world leader in gaming entertainment, offering a diverse range of products and services, including electronic gaming machines, social gaming and casino management systems.
We’re licensed in 240 gaming jurisdictions and operate in 90 countries around the world. Our team of 6500 employees deliver outstanding results by pushing the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and technology. Our mission is simple, we create the world’s greatest gaming experience, every day.
ARISTOCRAT is seeking an Art Lead to join our BASH GAMES STUDIO team in Brookhaven, GA. As a leader in our art department, you will help set the artistic vision and direction for all of the games in our portfolio, from concept through completion.
The role of Art Lead will be to work with the Game Design Team and studio leadership to establish an artistic vision for all of our products and guide the art team to execute on that vision through the concept, production, and testing phases of development. The Art Lead will also facilitate the communication between the Art team, Developers, Operations, Game Design, Audio and other areas of the company.
This role will provide the opportunity to be hands-on with concepting new and innovative games, while collaborating with the team through the production of these concepts. It will also work directly with the art team across the United States and India, including illustrators, animators, graphic designers, and other support roles. The Art Lead will also assist with studio strategy and portfolio by bringing industry insights and trends from a visual perspective to the concept phase of development. This role will have a direct impact on the creative direction of our studio, with a focus on creating and delivering the best and most innovative slot games in the world!
International travel may be required throughout the year.
The Art Lead position is immediately available. This role is a full-time in office position.
What You'll Do
- Design the creative and artistic vision for game concepts
- Create concept art – including static images, storyboards, animatics, etc.
- Participate in the ideation of game concepts
- Lead the art team in the execution of the ideas and concepts
- Offer industry insights and trends from an artistic perspective to help shape the portfolio
- Collaborate with the production art team to realize a compelling product
- Document creative standards for slot games, ensuring assets align respectively
- Own art-related tasks from internal and external game reviews and artwork reviews
- Facilitate art production with team members across different locations and time zones
- POC for artists regarding gameplay, bugs, assets, requirements, optimization, general feedback
- QA each game with particular focus on art an animation
- Collaborate with Management to coordinate art schedules and resources
- Track artist and animator availability
- Occasional travel to India to further support remote art team
- All other duties as assigned
What We're Looking For
What we’re looking for:
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects
- Demonstrated understanding of game production and art processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Animation or visual arts
- Strong knowledge of casino gaming industry and trends
- 7+ years of casino/social game development experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work with various cultures and time zones.
- Must be highly organized and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Jira, and other project management and QA tools
What we would like you to have done:
- Art and Animation degree and/or vocational certification in video graphics or equivalent
- A robust portfolio exhibiting a wide range of art techniques and principles
- Worked on a game development team with at least 10 shipped titles
The personal attributes we are looking for:
- Team player
- Detail oriented
- Open to and embraces changes
- Passion for computer games
- Loves to have fun!
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We’re a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.