This job might no longer be available.
Art Lead / Art Director
7 months ago
We are now looking for an
Art Lead or Art Director for our new unannounced mobile project
Following the success of Trials Frontier and South Park: Phone Destroyer, our studio is kicking off our next mobile project with our own new IP. As our Art Lead or Director, you will make sure the visual identity our new mobile game is stunning, imaginative and memorable. You will impact the visual style of the game, translate the vision to art assets, and establish the art direction. You will also manage, mentor and inspire a team of artists and you will lead the delivery of the team under the production guidelines.
We offer you a key position in a truly ambitious project aiming to publish a top-grossing game that people will LOVE! You will get to enjoy the network and the support of Ubisoft, and work in an agile studio with a quirky, outspoken and playful atmosphere.
- Help define the high-level creative vision of the game together with other project leads (for example the Creative Director)
- Create the art direction and visual style guide of the game
- Build an efficient art team and create an atmosphere of creativity, curiosity, and collaboration
- Lead the delivery of high-quality art assets under technical and production constraints
- Give feedback on the realization of the game art and ensure its exceptional artistic quality
- Help produce visual content, set best practices and benchmarks
- Be the key communication channel between art and the other teams in the project
Our dream candidate
- Has several years of experience in leading and managing game art teams
- Has several years of experience working with mobile games
- Deep understanding of technical art tools and practices
- Expert art skills in 2D and 3D
- Inspires and persuades others to work towards common goals and articulates their ideas with impact
- Fosters teamwork and proactively engages and includes and helps others to succeed
- Is curious and open to new ideas, perspectives, and experiences
- Adapts well in changing situations and likes to explore new ideas
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Just renovated office space 10 minutes from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it :)
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. We would also like to receive a portfolio of your best work (attach images or send us a link to your website or online portfolio). The application period closes on the 27th of October but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games and we are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, one of the biggest independent video game publishers in the world with over 17,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation, create innovative technology and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions useful to other studios worldwide.