Art Intern (Lighting and Environments)
18 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences.
Tiburon is the name for the Orlando-based EA SPORTS studio. This studio is responsible for the production of Madden NFL football, College Football, PGA, and Madden Mobile. The Tiburon Art team is a global community of content creators, pushing visual boundaries and creating leading edge content across multiple disciplines.
The Tiburon Art intern will learn how to create authentic and realistic worlds by working closely with the environment and lighting team and gain valuable industry experience. He/she should be enthusiastic about collaborating with and assisting other artists in the creation, population, and optimization of game assets. The candidate should demonstrate a strong desire for feedback, guidance, and discovering what it takes to be a successful video game artist in our Madden, College, and PGA sports titles.
The following summarizes the focus of the internship in both the environment and lighting domains.
- Learn how we create our fields, crowd placement, stadiums, vegetation, terrain
- Learn best practices on reference gathering
- Polish and add realistic detail to the environment
- Take part in environment reviews to help you improve your work
- Demonstrate teamwork by collaborating with our talented team of artists and dev team
- Utilize your skills by modeling, texturing, and UV’ing props from start to completion
- Learn our in-game lighting workflows and best practices
- Learn how to use lighting to drive mood and emotion
- The application of physical lighting values in the creation of photorealistic lighting
- How to use lighting reference to create authenticity in our games
- Learn the differences between architectural and cinematic lighting
- The importance of collaboration with the environment and character teams to ensure assets light properly
- Enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program and slated to graduate after December 2023.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full time basis during the 12-week internship.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Substance Painter/Designer
- Adobe Photoshop
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, degree type (e.g. Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD), what stage you are in your degree journey (i.e. freshman, sophomore, etc.), qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $19 - $48
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $17 - $23
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $22 - $48
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $19 - $42
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $22 - $48
The hourly pay is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including 80 hours per year of sick time (prorated based on scheduled hours per week if less than full-time), 16 paid company holidays per year, medical insurance, and 401(k). Interns in California are also eligible for Voluntary Disability Insurance.