Osaka Osaka jp
14 days ago
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You'll collect art assets from our outsourcers and set them up to render appropriately in our game engine
- Adjust the Maya scenes (e.g. UVs, LODs) as needed
- Perform integration based on the check sheet/worksheet created beforehand
- Focus on improving the assets to improve their artistic value in game
- Working directly on the graph editor in our game engine
- Adjusting the textures and materials we receive from outsourcing to make them work correctly with our engine and shaders
- Assure assets are of the highest technical quality
- Collaborate with the Art Leads to deliver the art vision within the project requirements
- Remain informed of new technical and technological developments to be able to apply these developments on the project whenever relevant and share project developments with peers
- Drive optimization and debugging to fix issues raised.
- Develop or find the best tools and methods possible for improving and facilitating the work of the artists
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Portfolio showing 3D art and composition skills, demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity in lighting, colors and art composition
- Knowledge of an asset management system (ex : Perforce, VSS, Alienbrain
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and commitment to maintaining high standards of work
- Knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal map, displacement etc.) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Maya/3ds Max, Houdini, Substance Designer, Painter, Python, MEL, MAXScript is a plus.
- Knowledge of a programming language (C++, C# etc.) is a plus.
- Solid technical background with an artistic sense in lighting, colors and art composition.
- Previous experience with getting game assets into engine
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 40+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Based in Osaka, Japan, the studio formerly known as Digital Kids was acquired by Ubisoft in 2008. Since then, the studio built up a wealth of experience developing for console, handheld, and mobile platforms. The studio released many successful titles, notably for the Petz® brand, and worked on games for a number of high profile partners including Tetris®, The Smurfs™, and The Disney Channel. Ubisoft Osaka collaborated with the Ubisoft San Francisco studio on the development of South Park™ The Fractured But Whole™ and the Rocksmith® franchise. With an eye on the future, the studio continues to grow in size with a focus on fostering its close working relationship with Ubisoft San Francisco to develop upcoming AAA projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.