6 days ago
Two simple questions:
- Are you a Generalist 3D Artist?
- Are you interested in working on a wide range of award-winning titles?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, read on my friend!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the recently released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new Generalist Artist and join our passionate and talented Art team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
Generalist Artist role:
The Generalist Artist is a new role dedicated to creating high-quality art assets in line with the DLC roadmap. You will oversee the production of art assets with outsource art teams. As part of the Art DLC team, you will play a key role in ensuring the artistic quality of our DLC.
This role would suit an experienced artist looking for a broad role allowing them to create levels, characters and weapons across multiple projects.
The Rebellion Art DLC team, oversee development of extra content, OS production and implementation to the game. Rebellion games have a long post-release life as we create additional DLC that includes maps, missions, characters, weapons and more.
- Create high quality art assets in line with the DLC road-map
- Oversee production of art assets with the out-source art teams
- Implement art assets into projects using Rebellion’s in-house game engine
- Implement and incorporate feedback from the Lead Artists
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- Knowledge of 3D software such as 3D Studio Max, Maya or Blender
- Able to accurately create assets from concept art
- Able to effectively find resolutions to a wide range of problems
- Knowledge of 3D sculpting packages such as Zbrush or Mudbox
- Knowledge of PBR material pipeline/substance
- Knowledge of modelling processes hi-res sculpting, baking textures, and material/shader setup in real-time render engine
- Knowledge of animation, rigging, VFX is advantageous
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries