4 days ago
Art Director (f/m/d)
We are looking for an experienced and creative Art Director with a passion for making some of the best games ever to join the talented team behind a yet unannounced project, a F2P and unique blend of third-person co-op shooter & melee combat, in an open world that lets you choose your own goals, together with others.
As Art Director for our unannounced project, you will manage a cross-discipline team of artists, set art goals, and lead the execution strategy. In this role, you will report to the Executive Producer and will work closely with the Creative Director. As part of the leadership team, you will develop strategies to achieve product goals, strengthen team culture, and deliver the quality our players deserve.
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Own and drive the established early art vision
- Set product-wide art goals and timelines
- Work with design to ensure art supports the game experience
- Set a clear vision, provide consistent feedback, and build trust with your team
- Take initiative to solve problems with excellent follow through
- Manage, lead, and mentor a team of artists
- 2+ years experience as an Art Director in the games industry
- 5+ years experience developing art in the games industry
- Experience leading and managing other game artists and art leaders
- Deep knowledge of multiple art sub-disciplines
- Extreme proficiency in art fundamentals, visual storytelling, and color theory
- Experience working on new IP
- Experience creating concept art and production paintings
- A portfolio that shows your ability to set a marketable artistic vision
- Experience working on a live service
- Multi-platform development experience
- Unreal game engine experience
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance, occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
Flexible working hours, fresh fruit and vegetables every day, hot and cold beverages of your choice, in-house massage, fitness Club membership, monthly company events, Berlin public transportation Jobticket, Mental health webinar
We encourage continuous learning
Extensive games/books library, dedicated Talent Development Manager, participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
A variety of exciting Team Events, regular in-house social events, summer and Christmas Party, beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
If this sounds exciting to you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people who are passionate about their work, we are looking forward to getting to know you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.