19 days ago
You'll be at the helm of the creation of a rich, captivating, meaningful world players will immerse themselves in. You'll be fundamental to a game’s development: a member of the core team, the connection between the creative vision and the artists, the voice of the art team, and a brand ambassador.
You'll be a visionary who motivates, inspires, and supports an artistic team to transform concepts into reality. As an empathetic leader, you’ll not only provide your team with guidance, but you’ll let their encouraged ideas shape the artistic direction you set. You’ll have the talent and known expertise to jump in and help produce visual content of AAA+ quality that is aligned with the creative vision.
Thanks to your exceptional presentation skills, you’ll be able to communicate your artistic vision to the brand management team to share with the public. You’ll provide the visual guidelines for promotional material, ensuring consistency and bringing the in-game world to life.
What you’ll do
· Work with the producer and core creative directorship team (Creative, Gam, Realization, Presentation, etc) to define the vision of a game.
· Partner with lead artists to develop the artistic tone (set the ambiance; explore locations, key moments, emotional contrasts, characters, etc.), and help to plan and establish visual priorities.
· Create the art direction bible of a game (put together mood boards, references, and descriptions).
· Coordinate and oversee the art team throughout production.
· Find a balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
· Provide leadership and constructive feedback to achieve quality.
· Collaborate with interdependent teams in all stages of development.
· Develop (including participating in recruitment) our artistic talent pool and foster its growth.
· Improve Art pipeline efficiencies, boosting quality and production efficiencies
· Minimum 5 years of proven experience as an Art Director in the video game industry (or other relevant experience)
· Strong understanding of art fundamentals, drawing skills, and artistic culture
- Understanding of ever-evolving real-time rendering technology/techniques and being able to collaborate with and drive our Engine/Technical Art teams toward greater heights
· Knowledge of Photoshop and 3D software (e.g., 3DS Max)
· A highly creative, collaborative, and empathetic spirit
· Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, presentation, and mentorship skills
· Ability to collaborate with members of the graphic design team and members of other project teams
- Ability to present ideas, communicate the artistic direction, and provide constructive criticism
· Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it
· A willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
We are working to enrich players’ lives through unique and memorable gaming experiences and by improving the positive impacts of our games. To get there, we are creating a safer, more inclusive work environment, we are giving back to the communities where Ubisoft operates by working with local non-profit partners and by working to reduce the environmental impact of our business. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.