This job might no longer be available.
Montreal QC ca
10 days ago
What you'll do
You are hungry for problem-solving and motivating others to deliver exceptional work. You strive to develop strategic communication and user experiences to advance the brand and Ubisoft marketing objectives. You are non-egocentric, dedicated, passionate, talented, and inspirational. As an Art Director, you understand that influence and collaboration breeds success.
The Art Director has the opportunity to work across Ubisoft extensive titles ranging from Assassins Creed, Tom Clancy, or Just Dance. You are excited to apply your extensive skills in a fast pace, high-energy gaming industry. You are design-forward utilizing Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and knowledge in After Effects video editing to captivate user attention and deliver impactful experiences. The Ubisoft Art Director is versatile and capable of working on a myriad of products: Print, Digital, and Social, from concept through execution. You can work independently with minimal direction, or in tandem with the Creative Director. You collaborate to generate motivation, efficiency, strategy, and high-quality content and partner service. This position reports to the Creative Director.
- Lead efforts in design and includes training, motivation, and coaching
- Be flexible between multiple unit types on digital, social, print, seasonal art, and motion
- Guide the creative standard for our marketing partners and other internal groups
- Partner with P.M’s to manage workflow in support and development of the design group
- Stay current on trends, entertainment marketing and bring external insight into your work
What you bring
- 7+ years of experience in design communication
- Advanced knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Proficiency in After Effects is favorable
- Expertise in typography, layout design, and composition
- Artistic talent, as it pertains to compositing and photography
- High level of attention to detail
- Professionalism and composure while working under tight deadlines
- Keen eye for attention to detail and adherence to defined brand guidelines
- Strong communication skills. Customer Service knowledge a plus
- Excel in communication to articulate ideas and vision via email and interpersonal influence
- Supportive and collaborative with strong organization skills and a sense of prioritization
- Ability to deliver quality and creativity within the context of a variety of game genres
- Experience working in entertainment or gaming a plus
- A portfolio demonstrating previous work is required
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.