3 days ago
Participates in the creation and development of the graphic quality of a video game, with an artistic style that is targeted for an Asian audience; occasionally presents, sells, and defends artistic decisions to non-Asian high level management.
· Develop an art style that is attractive and appealing to the target audience
· Defend the art direction with high level management
· Work with the Technical Director and Creative Director to determine the SFX, features, and innovations that will be selected and developed during the production phase
· Be aware of cutting-edge graphic techniques (benchmarking) and prepare for future visual trends in the industry
· Define the graphic intentions of the project while respecting the Creative Director’s content
· Create prototypes to test and confirm the graphic intentions defined in conception phase
· Work with the Creative Director to constantly push the graphical ambitions of the project
· Develop a Style Guide (containing illustrations, game level descriptions, visual identity, color palettes, etc…) for the team to enable them to start production work
· Consult with the studio manager on the staffing and organization of the project
· Set ambitious yet reachable artistic goals for the team
· Enforce the art direction of the project by overseeing the texturing, modeling, characters, lighting, SFX, menus, UI, cinematics, and marketing requests
· Ensure that the graphic quality is met and help artists when they meet an issue or are short of ideas
· Work with the Leads to prioritize and distribute tasks in order to reach the scheduling objectives
· At least one shipped title as an Art Lead or Art Director
· Ability to manage a large art team of various skills and specialties
· Strong illustration and concept skills
· Solid foundation of art fundamentals with regard to color, form, light
· Experience with popular 2D and 3D applications such as 3DS Max and Photoshop
· Excellent presentation, organization, time management, and cross-department communication skills
· Ability to analyze and evaluate risks while proposing solutions
· A passion for creating and playing games
· Ability to read and write Mandarin a major plus
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.
Established in 2008, Ubisoft Chengdu is one of the key game studios in western China and a full-fledged production center, with over 320 talents contributing to Ubisoft’s line-up. We have a strong track record of co-development on Ubisoft’s biggest brands such as Assassin’s Creed®, Skull and Bones™ and For Honor®, as well as developing casual games such as Rabbids party game and bringing hit titles to Switch.
Meanwhile, we are also a pioneer in cutting-edge technology driving Ubisoft’s “games as a service (GAAS)” ethos. Chengdu’s technology team develops products that empower production teams to make educated, data-driven decisions on hit Ubisoft brands.
To find out more, please visit our website: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com or our WeChat account (UBISOFT育碧or 育碧招聘).
同时，育碧成都工作室也是研发前沿性技术的领军者，其“Games As A Service (GAAS)” 的理念带领企业不断推陈出新。成都工作室的技术团队开发的产品被运用于育碧旗下众多知名游戏品牌，有效协助研发团队基于科学数据做出准确决策。