4 days ago
For an international game publisher, we are recruiting a fully remote art director who will act as an internal consultant on art direction for multiple first-party studios.
The Art Director provides overall artistic vision and leadership for his art and narrative team as part of the franchise department. The team is a centralized resource to provide guidance, mentorship and services to our internal studios. Our client is looking for a leader and insightful collaborator who will contribute to project and IP brainstorming sessions, commission outside artists, work with concept art studios and champion the artistic vision on all levels.
- Champion and create creative direction, visual targets, and inspiration for all aspects of world-building and visual design across multiple settings for digital games.
- Lead a full spectrum of Artists, across multiple experience levels.
- Commission of artwork: identify freelance illustrators and studio partners alike, guide artists, partner closely with our game teams, and maintain healthy relationships with all our partners.
- Lead brainstorming sessions on new concepts, worlds and characters and follow up with plans to make it come alive.
- This role is a mix of hands-on creation and leadership responsibilities.
- Attention to detail, and excellent understanding of the building blocks of creating comprehensive art styles used within and outside of our games.
- Leadership experience that shows the ability to frame a vision, pitch to executives, and communicate ideas and expertise across teams and subject areas.
- Advanced knowledge in all relevant tools
- 5+ years of visual leadership; you've shipped one AAA title ideally an FPS.
- A portfolio demonstrating previous work is required.