This job might no longer be available.
2 months ago
Scientific Games, Social is a global leader focused in providing an ever-expanding portfolio of robust iGaming and Social Casino solutions to the global gaming industry. To put it simply - we make Mobile and Facebook games that are fun to play, fun to make, and we're growing like crazy! Scientific Games global reach is made possible by the expertise of our rock star teams and game makers. Want to be part of a fast-paced company that lands in the Top 1% of Social Casino games? See more details below!
SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.
SciPlay currently offers nine core games, including social casino games Jackpot Party Casino, Gold Fish Casino Slots, Hot Shot Casino and Quick Hit Slots, and casual games MONOPOLY Slots, Bingo Showdown, 88 Fortunes Slots, Backgammon Live, and Solitaire Pet Adventure with offices all over the world!
Due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely until further notice. We will continue to work remotely until the company determines it is safe to return as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official state and local entities. We value the safety of our communities and employees and look forward to joining each other again as we re-open our offices when it is safe to do so and all appropriate safety measures are in place.
SciPlay, a leader in high quality social casino games, is looking for an Art Director that sets themselves apart from the rest. As the Art Director, you will lead our art team, the creative direction, and development processes to deliver engaging art within technical limitations. Responsible for the timely creation of all highest quality art within the studio and accountable for the training and growth of all artists, illustrators and animators within the Games team. Well-versed with scheduling of art asset creation, the documentation and delivery of art assets to the Engineering team, and communicating schedules to management. Capable of guiding the artistic design of a project from concept to completion as well as responsible for the overall artistic direction of a game.
Some day-to-day tasks would be ensuring that our team is creating high quality materials while driving the development of your team and projects. You will be instrumental in our game’s visual strategy, and roadmap for the future. You will work alongside our Executive Producer to ensure the creative strategy and vision meet our standards, and continue to make our games the best games on the market.
Required Experience: At least 5-7 years previous experience as a Sr. Artist or two years of experience as a Lead Artist in a production environment with a focus on creating original illustrations and animations.
Education: Bachelor of Arts in art/animation or related field or similar relevant experience
- Responsible for mentorship, evaluations, conflict resolution and recognition of the staff to maintain highly motivated and engaged employees
- Create highest caliber of original art and set expectations properly to get the highest caliber of art from studio artists
- Display expert proficiency in Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator and show proficiency in at least two or more art software applications with an emphasis on 3D modeling/animation
- Continually sharpen artistic abilities through company training, independent learning, and learning from other team members
- Communication between engineers, product managers, and artists to package assets in the most efficient manner
- Have the judgment to determine which art issues are critical to our success
- Create consistency in creative materials across all art disciplines on the team
- Lead your team by defining visual and artistic standards
- Find opportunities of improvement, or challenges within the creative process
- Evaluate multiple concepts and solutions for various projects and determine which ideas are worth pursuing
- Work with the Production to manage projections and assignments
- Research, explore, and communicate best practices in art and discern which competitive ideas are most effective; lead the development of goals, standards, processes and feedback mechanisms
- Develop and provide continuous quality improvement on processes for planning, execution, approval and reporting
- Take responsibility for the timely completion of art assets for assigned studio games and products.
- Create, document, and communicate all project schedules to the studio and management
- Show efficiency in self-managing time with a high degree of accountability and minimal instruction
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Understand how to create art for various themes and platforms.
- Gaming experience in Online and Social gaming space
- Proficient in understand of Adobe CC products
- Unity knowledge and understanding
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D Art Direction
- Understand technical aspects and limitations of art creation in game development
- Drive and manage art assets flow and allocations between artists to ensure continual pipeline and flow for engineering development.
- Recommend best practices for Art process flow, creation process and communication & knowledge sharing with Artists community.
- Possess the ability to create art and animation for all game aspects (screen layout, lobby backgrounds, etc) to hand off to studio programmers.
All applicants MUST provide the following in the event of an interview:
- Portfolio (website or blog required for pre-interview)
We are SciPlay! We make games!
The roots of our company are simple and strong: Our founder, fell head over heels for casino games and had a vision to create the most entertaining free-to-play casino games for gamers around the world. We’ve grown into a company that makes games we are truly proud of and that are enjoyed by millions of players every day. Our history is extensive, but we’re just getting started. In 1998, we got our start as Phantom EFX and in 2019, we reintroduced ourselves as SciPlay and went public on the Nasdaq.
At SciPlay, we are programmed to think untraditionally. From our yearly development conferences, shindigs, and new game launches, we believe in doing what you love and doing it well. We take great pride in our ability to create authentic experiences for players and we are excited to continue investing in our workforce, technology, and our data-driven approach, all with the mission of delighting our players long into the future. We believe that if we continue to stay passionate, set ambitious goals, live our values and play together, we will become the #1 social casino and casual gaming company in the world.
A few of our highlighted perks and benefits:
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses alongside matching 401k and other competitive benefits.
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Fully stocked game room featuring current generation consoles and titles, ping pong tables, and arcade cabinets
SciPlay Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, SciPlay) are committed to creating a workforce of credibility and dependability. As a prerequisite to employment with SciPlay (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SciPlay conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SciPlay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.