Full time - Helsinki or Berlin
How does an opportunity to build your own rock-star art team in Berlin and Helsinki sound like? If you said yes, then we have a truly unique opportunity for you. We want you to come in and build an art team that is as passionate, talented, and hungry as you are!
As an artist, you'll have a pivotal role in establishing the look, design, and creation of the game world. The right candidate has a passion for visually developing iconic characters and environments. You’ll also have to have the skills to lead with a pen. We expect you to be a hands-on leader who’s rapid sketches and illustrations help to define the look of new characters and environments for the game.
As a leader, you will be in charge of building a dynamic team of artists. We also expect you to be a motivational catalyst for the design team helping to define and communicate a clear vision. You will also act as a key touchpoint for our art outsourcing partners.
We offer you a chance to join a rapidly growing international team of passionate and talented game makers - like yourself. We’re a young company and as an early employee, you’ll have a genuine chance to contribute to our game and our culture.
- Building an art team and mentoring them to success
- Holding the artistic vision of the game and assuring stylistic consistency across the game through concept art, reference, documentation, live ops, whiteboard sketches, and open team discussion
- Communicating the game vision teamwide
- Building a positive, creative work environment and upholding our core values of underdog mentality and efficiency
- Collaborating across disciplines to devise innovative new processes and techniques
- 5+ years of experience as a senior member of art teams
- 3+ shipped projects
- Strong traditional art skills
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to identify and solve risks
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience as a visual development artist
- Experience in current 3D and 2D software
- Experience in guiding art outsourcing partners
Why should you join Savage Game Studios
- You’ll be a core member of a rock solid team of artists, designers and game developers
- You’ll work in an environment where we truly respect each other’s talent and contribution
- We are ambitious and always strive to lift each other to full potential
- We love to play and develop games. In addition to playing games in our free-time, every Friday afternoon at Savage is dedicated to playing games that inspire us
- Our studios are conveniently located in the downtowns of Helsinki and Berlin. After the lockdowns are over, we will offer relocation services
- Our international team values individuality and diversity - no matter who you are or where you're from, you can find a home at Savage
- Last but not least – we offer competitive compensation and good benefits