10 days ago
Who are we?
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Inside our rooms, we take you on thrilling adventures and transform you into new characters. Our experience is like the movies, except you’re actually with your friends inside the movie. We are creating the future of entertainment by building towards the virtualization of physical spaces and eventually becoming the portal to the Metaverse. We want you be a part of our journey and help us make that a reality!
Since we launched in Hong Kong in 2017, we’re now live in 13 locations and 5 countries around the world (we’re the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor, #1 VR place in China Shanghai on Dianping), and we’re quickly expanding. As a growing company we are looking for leaders who want to transform the entertainment industry and contribute to the cutting-edge experiences we are creating. We take pride in the relationships we are building within the community through innovation and providing a best-in-class experience for our guests. The opportunities within Sandbox VR are endless and we want you to be a part of this new world we are creating!
Our Art Director Role:
As our Art Director you are responsible for the final visual look and feel of the game. You are also responsible for the wellbeing of the art team, which means you will be consistently leading and inspiring the team and doing so with compassion.
You will be required to:
* Constantly provide constructive feedback to the team.
* Create solid examples / benchmarks for the team to strive towards.
* Clearly and accurately communicating the artistic vision for each project.
* Always be readily available to the team.
You, as Art Director, work closely with the other Directors to create a cohesive and consistent vision for the game: This includes fully supporting the game’s creative vision with unique and memorable visuals that are consistent with it.
You are heavily involved in the key visual areas and are responsible to direct all aspects of the visual outcome. This includes Lighting and Textures.
What you'll be doing:
- You are also responsible for spearheading the creation of an Art Bible/Art Guideline which can vary in terms of detail. This document outlines all the required guidelines and methodology involved in creating a consistent and stunning Art Style across all artistic disciplines and the game’s creative vision.
- You are responsible for creating guidelines which include; but are not limited to: Key Concept Art, Style guides, Storyboards, Character Design, UI style Guides, and VFX style guides.
- You are also someone who is happy to get hands-on and can help the team by taking on art tasks whenever this is needed.
- Marketing is also another area that you as Art Director are heavily involved in. You will be responsible for the visual outlook of the game in the public eye. This includes also directing the art for: Posters, Video Materials, and Marketing assets.
- You are expected to understand and embrace the technology involved in creating each game. This includes understanding of the rendering platform, limitations of the technology, understanding of the design limitations and embracing techniques to improve the visual output, despite the limitations.
Who we are looking for:
- You are a great communicator and use all the communication tools at your disposal to get your message across.
- You have a great attitude, you are a positive person and you can stay cool under pressure.
- You have at shipped at least 2 AAA titles or a wide range of high quality indie projects.
- You have at least 5+ years of industry experience in an Art role.
How you can really impress us:
* You have shipped at least one project as an Art Director or Associate Art Director.
* You have experience working on VR projects.
* You are a passionate VR Gamer and/or VR Enthusiast.
* You have worked with a combination of on-site and off-site developers before.
WE ARE SANDBOX VR, AND WE INVITE YOU TO COME PLAY IN OUR SANDBOX (AND THINK OUTSIDE IT).
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.