4 months ago
We are looking for an experienced Art Director. This person will be responsible for the visual direction, art content, and management of the art team at PCF New York.
The Art Director will be responsible for:
- All game art content, ensuring that visual elements are of the highest possible quality.
- Leading a team of artists producing 2D, 3D, and VFX assets
- Defining and driving the project’s artistic vision in line with the overall creative direction for the game
- Collaborating with Technical artists and leads to develop efficient and productive art pipelines and
- establish metrics that ensure artistic goals are met within technical performance targets.
- Keeping informed about the latest advances in game art techniques and technology
- Driving the creation of presentation and marketing materials to communicate the artistic vision to
- stakeholders and external partners.
- Be actively involved with recruitment, vetting candidates, performing interviews / recommending hires.
- At least 8 years experience in creating game art at a AAA level
- Experience building and delivering at least one AAA game from start to finish
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written).
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity in one or more game art disciplines across
- a range of styles.
- Strong 2D and concept art skills.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop.
- Strong understanding of the latest techniques in 3D modeling.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya and ZBrush.
- Technical mindset with experience in implementing assets in game engines.
- Understanding of fundamental art theory including principles of color, light, composition, and anatomy.
- Proven ability to balance esthetics with performance and usability.
Nice to Have:
- UE4 knowledge and experience
- Houdini experience
What we offer
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer the access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Dagger is a new IP developed with Take-Two Interactive. It’s a yet unannounced AAA action-adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.