16 days ago
Noice is an early stage stealth startup working on an innovative service for gamers. We’ve raised several million euros in funding from games industry leaders, validated our offering with our end users and are now building our platform towards launch.
Noice was founded by the core team that built Applifier, exited it to Unity Technologies in 2014 and scaled the business to €100 millions in gross revenue in under 5 years. Our cross-functional team has deep games and software industry experience ranging from building and operating Unity Ads video ad network at a scale of over a billion end devices per month, Everyplay mobile video sharing service reaching tens of millions of end users and mobile games with tens of millions of downloads.
We are looking for an Art Director with the skills to create and set a visual direction for other artists to follow. We are especially interested in someone who can mesh the visual look of the product into an inspiring and coherent whole and excels at collaborating with artists and the wider company. The person should be able to communicate their ideas and provide reasoning for decisions, as well as have the capacity to enable and encourage growth and ideas from those around them. If you can take ownership of shaping the visual language of a gaming product that combines 3D, 2D, and stunning FX, you are the person we want.
This opportunity to join a highly experienced and motivated team to build a groundbreaking new consumer service comes with a competitive salary and ownership in a high potential early-stage startup.
We are a distributed company with most of our team based in Helsinki, Finland. This position is open to local or remote candidates who are based a maximum of two time zones away from Helsinki time (CET+1).
What you'll be doing
- Set and take ownership of overall visual direction of Noice as a whole, including branding, UI, and 3D art and partner with art lead to deliver on execution
- Work with art, design, and product to create a compelling service that looks and feels on par with the best in the industry
- Work with leads to help to develop and grow the art department at the company and provide support and guidance to the staff
- Create compelling style guidelines and foster collaboration between art, product and design to ensure that the gameplay and visuals excel
- Own the evolution of the product visuals as we expand our offering of content
What we’re are looking for
- High level of skill in creating standout visual identities using various mediums
- Vision keeper for the visual identity and consistency of the product
- Enjoying hands-on approach in creating visual targets ranging from individual elements to coherent wholes
- Deep understanding of the goals of the product and how to achieve them
- Special interest in tying together UX experience with other visual elements
- Ability to communicate the ideas and direction to artists and other parties in English
We appreciate also
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Showcase of personal projects
- You are passionate about games and play a wide variety of genres