This job might no longer be available.
Culver City, California, United States
9 months ago
Niantic’s Art department is looking for a seasoned Art Director to help clearly define and direct an artistic vision across all of the respective art disciplines. We're looking for an ambitious individual with a proven track record for unifying and crafting compelling visuals, whilst also demonstrating a keen interest for emerging, creative technologies.
We work with some of the world's most advanced AR technologies to design visually creative, bleeding-edge mobile experiences for tens of millions of users worldwide, inspiring discovery, exercise, and meaningful social experiences.
- Champion the product's aesthetic quality and cohesiveness by providing clear and concise direction and feedback to both internal and external teams.
- Create inspirational visuals to help unify and bolster the artistic direction of the product.
- Envision and direct a wide range of art assets from 2D concepts to 3D assets, animation, and VFX.
- Work with the production team to schedule and estimate timelines and goals for milestone planning.
- Provide strong leadership and career mentorship to support the creative goals and ambitions of the art team members.
- With the support of recruiting, grow the art department by sourcing key talent.
- Help foster and maintain a strong, creative relationship between external partners and internal art teams.
- Enhance the standard of our product's visual aesthetic by liaising with the Technical Art, Engineering, and Design departments to further develop our tools and improve our real-time rendering engine.
- BA in Fine Arts or equivalent skillset.
- Demonstrable leadership skills with excellent problem solving and diplomatic skills.
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates compelling visuals across multiple genres of games - both realistic and stylized.
- Body of work should also show an ability to establish and maintain an artistic vision across an entire game.
- Previous experience working with outsource partners.
- Excellent technical ability with a thorough understanding of realtime rendering and post processing.
- Previous experience as an Art Director with at least 6+ years experience in game development, including at least two AAA titles.
- You have shipped multiple AAA console games or high profile mobile titles as an Art Director.
- You have an ability to create both 2D and 3D assets to a high standard.
- You have a passion for games, AR, VR and new technologies.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.