12 days ago
As our elite team of artists grows in size, so does our need for world-class Art Direction. That’s why at Mooncolony, we are searching for a talented and passionate Art Director to join our core team in Cambridge, UK*.
Working alongside the Creative Director, the Art Director will hold a key position within our team liaising closely with Client, Project Management and Art teams. As a world class artist and manager, the Art Director will be managing and guiding an elite team of artists, making sure that the artwork created within the studio is top quality.
- Managing and guiding a highly skilled team of concept artists and illustrators.
- Giving hands-on artistic feedback and doing paintovers if necessary.
- Acting as a gatekeeper for providing the highest quality art within the industry.
- Being in direct communication with our partners/clients, making sure the required quality standards are met and the deadlines are hit.
- Being in constant communication with Project Managers and Lead Artists, making sure that the projects are delivered to the highest quality standards and within deadlines.
- Liasing with the Studio Director to make sure that the studio goals are met.
- Provide Art Direction for internal projects and IP’s.
- Making sure that the projects are delivered with highest attention to detail.
Skills & Requirements
- A world class artist, designer and mentor.
- A great all-rounder. Can give feedback on characters, environments, creatures, props, composition, etc.
- Amazing drawing and digital painting skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years experience in the entertainment industry as an Art Director or Lead Artist.
- Experience in managing small to medium size art teams.
- Vast experience in giving artistic feedback and doing paint overs.
- Immaculate attention to detail is a must.
- Proficiency in using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in using 3D packages such as Blender, Modo, ZBrush, etc.
- Experience in using cloud project management softwares such as Basecamp, Slack, Google Workplace, etc.
- Experience as an Art Director within an art outsourcing team is a plus.
- Highly competitive salary
- Yearly performance bonus
- Client referral bonus (£1000 for each signed client)
- Employer contributory pension plan. (%8 - %5 Employee - %3 Employer)
- Educational material and expenses
- 21 days paid holiday per year ( +1 Day for each year of service).
- Flexible working. Choice of working from home or office
- Free snacks and quality coffee (work from the office)
- No bureaucracy. This is a small, tight-knit team (Transparency)
- Private Health Insurance (Vitality)
- Any additional employee benefits that the company may provide in the future
* This is ideally an on-site position but we will still consider remote applications. Sponsorship and Visa assistance will be provided for successful international applicants
So, if you love working with artists, being part of a great team, and a low-gravity work environment, we'd love to hear from you!
To apply click https://mooncolony.breezy.hr/p/fa09b0d29cf101
Adventures await. Are you in?
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.