16 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
We are currently looking for an awesome Art Director to join our Super-secret project! You will be responsible for developing and keeping our game style on point while creating smooth & open communication between our in-house & outsourcing teams.
In order to be considered, you MUST provide us with either a link to an online portfolio, website, or a pdf showcasing recent artwork upon application.
- Work with Game Director and Producer to scope art for new features
- Create written and visual feedback (red lines, paint overs) to guide the art team on quality, maintaining consistency with the style guide
- Manage art team deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives
- Organize and manage art asset list to ensure all deliverables are on time and accounted for
- Work with the marketing team to ensure accurate brand representation
- Sprint planning for the art department
- Experience with at least 2-5 published game titles, lifestyle apps, or the equivalent in another field
- Expert knowledge in Photoshop
- 5+ years in artist or lead concept position
- 5+ Years outsourcing experience on a mobile game
- Strong organization and asset tracking skills
- Ability to communicate ideas verbally and visually, providing feedback and discussing creative direction with a constructive and diplomatic approach
- Tremendous artistic talent, firm understanding of traditional art and design principles
- A firm grasp of visual design as it relates to game development
- A passion for game development, of course!
NICE TO HAVE
- Worked on a mobile game title from Pre-production to running the game live
- Unity Development experience
- Marketing Experience
- Design or Illustration Experience
- Animation Experience
- PFX Experience
- A passion for Interior/Home Design and Architecture
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.