7 days ago
We are looking for a self-motivated, energetic individual who will collaborate with our Top Management, Art teams, Developers, and Designers to define the game’s Art style.
The project in question is dedicated to the latest Consoles and PC, working with the latest engines and technology.
You will guide the visual development of a social sandbox, cross-platform, next generation game.
As a key member of the team’s management core, you’ll take charge of the initial concept and overall visuals, seeing them through to final delivery.
What will you do here?
- Defining game’s art style, while complying with the creative vision of the initial art direction.
- This is a hands-on position. You are a passionate artist but also a leader with genuine visual ideas defining various art styles, creating highly appealing proof of concepts, sharing your experience and expertise to help your team and fellow artists excel in their craft.
- Adapt to the style and vision of the game including environment, character, title screen, and user interface look and feel.
- Ensure the quality follow-up in the production process including fast prototyping stage while working with real-time engines such as Unity, Unreal and others.
- Managing the Art development processes, limitations, and dependencies across mediums.
- Managing teams of 10 or more artists.
- Understanding and efficiently implementing the industry pipelines and able to manage challenging deadlines.
- Work alongside other creatives in the studio.
What are the qualifications you need for this position?
- Passionate about video games, with a strong interest for both stylized and photorealistic art styles.
- At least 3 years of experience in Art Directing, managing Art teams, shipping at least one title with a proven project completion record.
- At least 5 years of experience in the video game industry.
- Proven storytelling and concept Art skills.
- Strong foundation in the traditional Arts.
- Superior eye for light, value, color and composition.
- Strong, proven knowledge and skills in graphic design principles, fonts, layout design, user interface function and design.
- Able to adapt to visual languages within the realistic framework.
- Possesses a positive track record in terms of developing, mentoring, and managing multidisciplinary graphics teams.
- Good team player with excellent communication, negotiation, and teaching skills.
- Open to creative feedback, providing direct hands-on solutions to either positive or constructive criticism in a timely fashion.
- Well organized with solid time management skills, strongly motivated and with a great desire to prove himself within the company.
- Optimistic problem solver including complex technical issues, able to learn and master new tools and techniques.
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Bachelor degree of Computer Graphics/ Graphic Design/ Media Arts/ Fine Arts/or Other
- Deep understanding of the mobile games market and their demographics is a big plus.
- 3D background in hard surface and organic modeling, texturing, animation, FX, and post production for video games is a plus.
- In depth experience with 2D/3D next-gen production tools (implementing 3D work into the pipeline, knowledge of rendering engines and of compositing is an asset).
- Knowledge of iOS platforms is an asset.
- Experience working with outsourcers is a plus.
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What can you expect from us?
- We are a 430 person game development studio in the greenest part of Bucharest;
- We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on our own games and ideas;
- You would work in a small agile team and professional programmers where everybody’s inputs are valued;
- The team is international, and we have several foreign colleagues;
- You will be using robust systems that serve millions of players;
- Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated;
- You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney;
- We don't have many meetings :)
What Gameloft Bucharest can offer you?
- Work from Home program available.
- Day off for your birthday and company’s anniversary;
- Free psychological counseling.
- Short Friday
- Medical insurance package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic.
- Lunch tickets.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style.
- A chance to work in a real multicultural environment.
- All the usual perks: cafeteria, free coffee, free fruits, gaming room, relaxation area, free gym. (We will enjoy these again after things will get better.
What will happen when you apply?
You can apply with your English or Romanian CV. In order for us to consider your application, please send your portfolio or samples of your work (demos, animations, images, websites, etc.), indicating the address of your website and portfolio if you have one. For this role, y our portfolio must convey technical mastery and a natural eye for artistic creativity and design.
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...
Your CV and portfolio will be reviewed by our Studio Art Director, and if they find it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Qualified candidates will be asked to complete an art assessment. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
If the test fails, we will notify you within 1-2 days. You will certainly receive feedback from us about the process, but you can also track the status of your application through our application system.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work? Join The Game!
Why? Because joining our game means being part of a top innovator in the gaming field. Gameloft® is a leader in the development and publishing of games, creating them for all digital platforms with an astonishing audienceof 80 million monthly users. Our catalog includes every genre and our games are as varied as we are. We operate our own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partnerwith major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
We distribute our games in over 100 countries and employ 4,300 people worldwide. We embrace challenges and are always ready for the next big thing. Not convinced yet?
We have partnerships with high schools and universities all over the world and we support their activity by sharing knowledge and mentoring future professionals. We know the importance of knowledge sharing in order to build healthy and smart future generations. We grow talent and we push to be an example for youngsters by regularly hosting seminars for students, workshops for highschoolers and teachers. So, what do you say? Are you ready to be not just another face behind a computer screen, but a Gamelofter working in a supportive environment, who gets involved and gives back to the community?
About Gameloft Bucharest
Gameloft Bucharest was created in 2000 with a passion for games that spawned 42 titles for all platforms, from Java to consoles.
Our games are recognized and praised by our players and by the industry. We take pride in our titles, from N.O.V.A, introduced on stage during the 2010 Apple Keynote as the first iPad game ever, to FPS benchmarks such as Modern Combat, with over 175 million downloads & Sniper Fury, with over 109 million downloads.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.