22 days ago
Founded by Bad Robot (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars, Star Trek), we at Bad Robot Games are on a mission to continually reinvent how stories are played.
We are a remote-first games company represented by a diverse team, which empowers us to make the kinds of games in which all players can see themselves. Working closely with our colleagues at Bad Robot Productions, our projects unite our extensive network of games, TV, and film industry talent to create original IPs, expansive worlds and tell new stories across all media platforms which are as fun to watch as they are to play.
Bad Robot Games is seeking a versatile, hands-on, and exceptionally creative Art Director to join our internal game development team of industry veterans, all dedicated to pioneering new creative endeavors.
This role presents a distinctive opportunity to join a team of highly skilled and seasoned professionals, making a significant contribution to a thriving and innovative studio.
In addition to your experience, we expect an extensive portfolio that showcases your mastery of cutting-edge art creation techniques for both current and next-generation platforms. Your portfolio should highlight your exceptional skills in one or more of the following areas: Environment Art, Character Art, or Concept Art.
- Collaborate with the creative leads team to create, communicate, and maintain a clear artistic vision for the project
- Define the game's aesthetic and inspire the team to achieve that vision.
- Create assets to demonstrate how to bring the vision to life via your craft expertise in a specific area of art (Characters, Environments, Concept)
- Inspire and mentor the art team to achieve quality and stylistic goals
- Problem-solve and generate new ideas with cross-discipline teams
- Participate in playtesting and provide “hands on” feedback as the project progresses
- Build the art team, by partnering with recruiting to bring in exceptional art talent
- Have shipped one entire PC or console AAA release as an Art Director (from pre-production to commercial release, ideally through a live game phase)
- Extensive experience in a senior art IC role, ideally two or more AAA games shipped
- Proven ability to lead, inspire, and manage artists across multiple disciplines
- Full-stack skillset from concept art to in-game implementation, characters to environments to architecture
- Proficiency in professional 3D tools like Maya and Photoshop as well as game engines like Unreal and Unity
- Proficiency in the pipelines, tools, and processes of creating, building, shipping, and supporting live games.
- A passion for characters, 3D environments, and multiplayer online gaming
- Online multiplayer FPS game development experience
- A rich history of game playing across a wide variety of game genres
- Unreal Engine Experience
Annual Salary Range: $165,000 - $210,000
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our ranges are based on California market rate regardless of work location in the US.
Find out more about our benefits and team on our careers page!
Bad Robot Games recruiters will never ask you for money or to provide financial information during our recruiting process. Scammers often request money transfers for Visa processing fees or travel expenses, as well as personal information including passport info, social security numbers, credit card or bank account information.Bad Robot Games recruiters will never use personal email (including @gmail) accounts when contacting candidates. We also do NOT interview or screen candidates over messenger or text-based chat. All communication will be tied to badrobotgames.com
Bad Robot Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.