5 days ago
JOIN AMAZON GAMES AND HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE OF GAMES!
Amazon Games is seeking an exceptionally skilled and enthusiastic Art Director to join our team in Seattle, WA. The Art Director will work alongside our team leadership to raise the art quality bar, develop new content, mentor and manage the art team, and direct external vendors for an exciting new mobile game. Additionally the Art Director will provide techniques, research, and prototype new and unique art styles for upcoming mobile game titles.
The ideal candidate has a strong portfolio of stylized artwork ranging from characters to backgrounds to UI to motion graphics. They have successfully managed teams of artists and worked closely with external vendor art directors and artists to both push the envelope to create something new and excited as well as meet pre-established art styles and goals. The ideal candidate is a doer that is not afraid to put pixels to paper to illustrate their direction. They can communicate visual direction clearly and can influence peers and managers to achieve insanely beautiful results.
· Assist with the design and creation of compelling free to play titles
· Push the limits of visual quality in mobile games
· Mentor and grow artists and contribute to their success
· Create style guides and reference materials
· Read and analyze live analytics data and qualitative feedback
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game art. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with players around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in art, gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· 7+ years in an art role in video games
· 3+ shipped/live free to play title in an art role
· 3+ years in an art management role
· Strong portfolio with clear examples of stylized work in video games
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Experience creating free-to-play mobile games
· Experience wearing multiple hats on a small team
· Experience as a concept artist or illustrator
· Strong technical writing skills
· Experience in Unreal 4
· Passionate gamer with in-depth knowledge on how games work
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us