Art Director, UI
16 days ago
As Art Director, UI, you are responsible for defining the direction of all graphic design assets complementing the existing Art assets and creative direction of the game. This visual direction becomes the “Graphic design signature” for the game that will enhance the quality and the comfort of the user experience.
You work closely with the content team (Creative Direction, Game Direction, Art Direction, World Direction, Audio Direction, and Brand Direction) to ensure that the team, internal partners and the public gets a consistent, aligned message and direction.
- Conceptualize, develop & direct the visual style of the game’s presentation signature, which includes:
- Development of the visual identity at both a brand and product level
- User interface (Menus, Navigation, HUD, interface FX and Post FX)
- All in game signs and feedback communicating game play to the user
- Contribute to the overall design process and artistic direction of the game
- Conceptualize and supervise the game’s graphic design visual signature and maintain this vision through all development phases
- Work with the creative director and audio director to ensure that music and audio cues are in line with presentation guidelines and overall creative direction
- Contribute to the game’s artistic vision with the art director to set the style and tone for the game
- Create presentation guidelines (style guides) that will be used to direct external resources (CGI and SFX companies for ex)
- Oversee the game’s graphic design look and feel and help ensure all contributing artists understand the presentation signature
- Attend playtests sessions and adjust presentation elements based on feedbacks
- Conception, direction and production of visual identity at brand and product levels
- Ensuring quality/vision is respected through marketing assets created/produced (trailers, screenshots, merchandising and licensing out, etc.)
- As a people manager:
- Proactively communicate the presentation direction vision to the global team (Singapore & beyond).
- Motivate and engage the team to leverage presentation direction in their daily work.
- Demonstrate leadership, charisma, enthusiasm and sense of commitment
- Manage reports performance with clear JDs and challenging objective
- Leverage talent potential, Grow reports and team with a long term vision
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the creation and direction of User Interfaces within the game industry. We will consider relevant experiences from other industries.
- Experience working with brands and developing brand guidelines.
- Ability to communicate an artistic direction
- Driven to achieve high quality results
- Ability to review and critique the quality of the team’s work
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with other crafts within a production team
- Understands the fine art of visual storytelling and has the ability to direct compelling visuals that create an emotion response from consumer
- An understanding of game design and how it relates to presentation elements
- Strong understanding of usability and user experience
- Strong understanding of Adobe Flash and its strengths/weaknesses
- Up to date on current graphic design and interactive media trends
- Strong background in multiple 2D disciplines including motion graphics, print design and interactive media
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!
Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 300 employees from 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.