Art Director - Treyarch Vancouver
21 days ago
Job Title:Art Director - Treyarch Vancouver
Treyarch is looking for a world class Art Director to help build a team and craft the visual direction on its ongoing and future projects. This is a ground breaking opportunity to lay the foundation of a new team onsite in Vancouver and build it to a functioning power house. Additionally, the Art Director has a pivotal role in defining and communicating Art Direction for the project’s content. Provided with high level project direction, and collaborating closely with all departments, this position is responsible for directing the creation art materials and communicating them from inception to final shipping of the game.
What you’ll do…
- Facilitate Treyarch building an Art Team in Vancouver.
- Help recruit key talent for the Vancouver area.
- Develop strategies for short and long term growth, and see them through.
- Be a remote leader that builds and maintains the understanding of Treyarch’s processes with the Vancouver Team.
- Facilitate Treyarch’s projects by helping provide Art Direction and feedback where needed.
- Provide manager support with current and future Vancouver recruits. Ensure the team is following process and standards.
- Partner in Treyarch LA’s internship program by helping manage a Vancouver intern contingent.
- Facilitate the execution of the project's high level goals.
- Be an ambassador for Art by collaborating with and maintaining good relationships with all other departments, ATVI studios, and external vendors.
- Work closely with production and stakeholders to assess and manage scope in areas of oversight.
- Personally generate supportive visual materials for the team in the form of reference, style guides, mood boards, storyboards, concept, etc. as needed.
- Attend meetings, make decisions and give art & creative direction supporting the high level goals.
- Flag issues that would conflict with achieving the project’s visual goals.
To succeed you should have…
- Worked on at least 3 titles in a lead or management role, with 1 preferably being an AAA title that has shipped.
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills are a must. This role requires someone who interacts and collaborates respectfully with the team, stakeholders, and Studio Leadership.
- Must be able to give and take direction from multiple departments and levels of management.
- Possesses a strong visual eye weighted towards photorealism.
- Ability to maintain a high visual target under strict deadlines while understanding the importance of the big picture. Has the ability to modify one's priorities and direction to others, as well as making compromises to achieve them.
- Must be a self-starter. Must be motivated and willing to work proactively and aggressively. This role is not for someone who prefers their tasks to be generated for them.
- Can comfortably multi-task across many different initiatives simultaneously.
- Has a general understanding and basic skills using 3d applications.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://hub.activisionblizzard.com/s/us-benefits
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.