Art Director - Studio Orbital (Remote)
23 days ago
We are nDreams, an award-winning independent developer and publisher, delivering world-leading interactive VR experiences.
nDreams Studio Orbital is looking for talented people to help pioneer development in live service games for VR that will entertain players for years. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of both a new team and project right from the start.
We are building a fully remote studio that holds creative diversity as a core value. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, genders and experience levels to apply for this role.
This is a unique opportunity to join the leadership team of nDreams: Studio Orbital and create world-class VR experiences. As Art Director, you will be mentoring a diverse team of artists to create revolutionary VR games, developing and growing the team in size to meet the needs of the studio. You will be driving the artistic vision of our products, creating benchmark artwork and upholding the integrity of the studio’s visual identity.
Your exceptional visual communication skills and ability to lead a team are what make you an ideal candidate. We are a growing team, and as such, this role will encompass championing the artistic vision through to elements of ‘hands-on’ exploration and implementation. You will ultimately be responsible for galvanising an art team both creatively and through positive leadership.
- Continue the building and shaping of the team. Hire, manage and mentor a cross discipline team of talented artists and animators.
- Evaluate product requirements, championing art needs by highlighting key areas, potential risks and proposing well thought out solutions.
- Forge our product’s brands from scratch, balancing creativity with commercial pragmatism.
- Craft and evolve creative development processes in a remote setting.
- Instill and ensure a truly cross-discipline mentality throughout the studio and your team.
- Define, implement and uphold art style guides and best practices.
- Communicate success, as well as providing pragmatic and clear feedback.
- Have hands-on creation and direction during the initial growth phases, leading by example
Essential Experience -
- A self-starter able to forge both a fully functioning team and art pipeline from the ground-up.
- Experienced in leading art requirements through several full game development cycles.
- A deep knowledge of common games engines and other industry packages
- A deep knowledge of 3D and 2D art pipelines.
- Experience achieving stunning visuals for constrained devices (e.g. mobile, VR, handheld).
- An experienced people manager, able to proactively identify problems, propose solutions and enable their team to be the best
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment and responsive to change in the face of uncertainty.
- A diverse and all-round knowledge of the games industry and business trends.
Our growing studio shares a passion for innovation, collaboration and defining the future of VR. We encourage an open, creative, and diverse culture and empower people to explore their ideas and put their own stamp on projects. With humble beginnings of our own, we combine big projects and opportunities with a personal, caring touch. We’re proud of our culture – come and see why!
We have the small, inclusive and open creative atmosphere of a start-up, with the experience and backing of the team behind Fracked, Far Cry: Dive Into Insanity and #1 Selling, Award-winning Phantom: Covert Ops. This is a rare opportunity to contribute to the culture of a new studio and the direction of a new IP!
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, private health insurance, pension, two duvet days plus a day off to celebrate your birthday. As you’d guess, we provide all the equipment you need to create amazing VR experiences.
We are a remote first studio with the advantages that brings. We hold social get togethers once per quarter in the UK to bond and become the best team we can be.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.