Art Director (Never Forget Games)
7 months ago
We're looking for a talented and passionate Art Director to join us at Never Forget Games, a studio based in San Francisco (United States). We are open to this position being remote as long as the ideal person would be able to work in the California time zone (GMT-8).
Do you like to paint incredible characters, gorgeous items, whimsical environments, cute creatures, and more? Do you like to concept wondrous ideas that will captivate players? We aim to make light-hearted and super-fun games in fantastical worlds for all audiences. YOU will lead the artistic charge.
This person needs to be a hands-on creative leader who is ready to hop right in and be part of a core team of 4 to build a memorable experience. We have no pure management layer at Never Forget Games, all of us make games, so that means you too!
The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a “take the initiative” environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a small team where the day to day job changes based on what the game needs.
About the Studio
Welcome to Never Forget, a studio on a mission to spread joy - we hope our games will provide players with lifelong memories.
We practice what we preach, so this extends beyond our audience and deep into our creation space. Life is too short to not love what you do!
What you'll do:
- Artistic Constraints: You will carry the visual integrity throughout the entire project, ensuring consistency and highest quality within the boundaries of mobile hardware.
- Collaboration: You will work closely with Creative, Product, Design, and Technical leadership to build high quality games that will resonate with players.
- Communication: You will use your excellent communication skills in a collaborative and diverse work environment to keep partners updated and development teams aligned.
- Drive Outsourcing: This includes selecting partners and ensuring their deliverables meet the vision. You need to ensure our pipelines and art style will work well in this model and can be replicated at scale to drive live services.
What you'll need:
- Leadership and hands-on experience in one or more art subject areas such as concept, 3d modeling, real-time VFX, animation, illustration, etc. (The more the better! We love generalists!)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A resume and an online portfolio showcasing your ability to create and carry a vision for a creative product.
Who you are:
- Creative Leadership: You have years of experience working in a lead, supervisor, art manager or art director capacity in a game/film production environment.
- Artistic Guidance: You have experience defining and aligning a multidisciplinary team behind a creative game vision by providing feedback, guidance, and asset critiques.
- Scrappy: You have a hunger for learning new things and taking on new challenges. We don’t know what needs to happen next week, but you know that you're ready for it.
- Visual Range: You have an ability to work within a wide range of artistic styles and themes to compliment various genres of games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- You have experience working in games; especially mobile titles.
- You know your way around at least one game engine (especially Unity or Unreal) and understand the various parts of the game development pipeline.
- Experience working with OS vendors to create art.